Posted: September 2021
Location: Castle Donington
Salary: Competitive salary
Closing Date: 4th October 2021
Mi Hub trades as Dimensions, Alexandra and Yaffy and makes up the UK’s largest supplier of corporate clothing solutions for all business sectors and industries whether from our renowned off-the-shelf catalogue range, made-to-order products or a fully bespoke service.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do and we look for people who are approachable, friendly and like to have fun, as we nurture this within our environment. As such we look for people who are passionate about what they do and, providing they are enthusiastic, a team player, willing to learn and like to have fun, they’ll fit right in!
A Tailor-Made opportunity
We are looking for a Sourcing Manager to be responsible for the development and sourcing of a range of products to service all the sectors of our Business (Medical, Facility Management, Food and Hygiene, Warehouse and Distribution).
This is an incredibly broad role that will encompass the sourcing of a wide range of products across the Workwear, PPE and Medical Device market. You will be responsible for establishing strong international supplier relationships and you will negotiate prices that are competitive and allow us to gain growth in our target markets.
This is a truly exciting time to join our team as we seek to grow and solidify our product offering to our existing and future customer base made up of leading high street retailers, major UK and European corporate organisations as well as our NHS and Public services.
You will be instrumental in ensuring that we continue to deliver the highest quality product we are proud to supply to our customer and their employees.
Through your previous work, you will have a strong network of direct overseas Workwear/PPE/Medical Device suppliers and contacts in Asia along with a sound understanding of the European legislation surrounding PPE and Medical devices and ability to devise and implement a Sourcing Strategy to support this.
As expected with this type of role, international travel will be required to assess, approve, and establish strong relationships with partners and manufacturing facilities overseas.
- You will be a Sourcing specialist with extensive experience of factory manufacturing processes associated with the production of PPE and MMD products.
- It would be fantastic if you were CIPS qualified but this is not essential; we would be happy to support your desire to become CIPS qualified.
- Strong Knowledge of PPE/MMD legislation and standards.
- Ability to work proactively using own initiative & communicate at all levels.
- Experience of global sourcing, especially in dealing with overseas suppliers, particularly in Asia.
- Understanding of freight and duty rates both to the UK and USA and how these influence supplier costs and prices.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Driven and ambitious to grow and evolve with this role as this range of products establishes itself within our business
- Able to travel internationally, predominately to Asia 2-3 weeks per quarter.
What you need to know about us:
- You will be working within the best team!
Our entire Supply Chain team are the most passionate and dedicated team who are welcoming, friendly and supportive group. They strive every day to be the best.
- You will be given full training to ensure you have everything you need to thrive.
You will be supported at desk and we will give you ongoing training and development as part of our Learning & Development culture
- We can support your career development…if you want it
We offer career progression and actively encourage the internal progression of our employees to new positions but are equally happy to support you in your current role too.
- We are the market leader in our field!
We are really good at what we do, we are well respected in our Industry and need great people to work with us to continue to deliver that fantastic work.
Life Working at Mi Hub:
- We have a large, open plan office based in Castle Donington with plenty of amenities around us.
- We have a flexible working and agile working policy allowing you the ability to work from home up to 3 days a week and flex your start and finish time to personalise your working day.
- We take huge pride in our CSR policy and our impact on the environment with multiple initiatives to minimise the impact on our planet.
- We take holidays really seriously and offer 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays to be able to have that time doing whatever you love outside of work.
- We offer subsidised Vitality Health Insurance for you and your loved ones.
- We also support you on a day to day basis with access to an Employee Assistance Programme covering mental health, well-being, financial and legal support.
- We have a vibrant and busy social calendar driven by our desire to raise funds for local and national charities, supporting a number each year
- We also look after your loved ones with a 3x death in service life insurance scheme should the worst happen in your employment with us.
- We love celebrating long service and are proud to have member of our team celebrate their milestone anniversaries with us.