The Men’s Wearhouse Inc began operations in 1973 as a partnership and became a public company in 1992. On January 31st 2016, Men’s Wearhouse reorganised as a holding company named Tailored Brands Inc, which replaced Men’s Wearhouse as the publicly held corporation.
Tailored Brands is now the largest speciality retailer of men’s suits and the largest provider of rental product in the United States and Canada, with over 1,700 stores. Tailored Brands also operates a global corporate apparel and workwear group consisting of ten brands, including Twin Hill in the United States and Dimensions, Alexandra and Yaffy in the United Kingdom.
In August 2010, Tailored Brands acquired Dimensions along with Alexandra – the UK’s leading provider of PPE and ready-to-wear workwear and corporate clothing, and Yaffy – a specialist in technical garments for the UK police forces. As a result, MWUK Ltd was formed.
- Awarded Cyber Security Essentials Plus Accreditation. Finalists in Digital Technology Leaders Award. Finalists in UK National Contact Centre Awards.
- Became Platinum Sponsor for the UK Corporate Games. Nominated for Virgins "Red Hot" awards, finishing in the final 3.
- Wins Tesco & ASDA – Account Manager of the Year award. Wins Highly Commended, at The Professional Clothing Awards
- This year was an exceptional year for awards as we received the Outstanding Contribution Award from McDonald’s and were highly commended in the National Government Opportunities (GO) Excellence in Public Procurement Awards for the GO Sustainability/ Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative of the Year and the Procurement Innovation or Initiative of the Year (GO Awards Scotland).
- Wins 2 Awards - Tesco – Value Award & The Professional Clothing Awards – Highly Commended, Bespoke Uniform for Workwear
- Tesco – Value Award
- Dimensions won 3 awards at The Professional Clothing Awards 2012.
- In August 2010, Dimensions was acquired by the US$2.3 billion American organisation the Men's Warehouse.
- Dimensions continued to grow strongly and sales reached £90.6 million in 2008.
- The management team reacquired the business.
- Dimensions was reacquired by Johnson Service Group Plc.
- Management buyout from its then owner, Johnson Service Group Plc in December 2000.
- Dimensions relocated to the midlands.
- Dimensions was acquired by the UK cleaning business Sketchley.
- Dimensions originated as a small, London based supplier of uniforms to the hotel industry.