Posted: August 2019
Location: Castle Donington
Salary: Competitive salary
Closing Date: 28th August 2019
Permanent / 40 hours / Based at Castle Donington
As MWUK continues to grow and develop, we have a vacancy in our Software Development team for an experienced .Net Developer. We are looking for a talented, “can-do” individual who can demonstrate a strong working knowledge of C# and ASP.Net.
Reporting to the Software Development Manager, you will play a pivotal role in delivering a number of features and improvements to our online ordering platform. In addition, you will provide first class third line support on a rota basis, to our existing customer base.
You will join a friendly and hardworking software development team during a period of sustained business growth with plenty of opportunities to broaden your experience and acquire new skills. This is a superb opportunity for someone passionate and enthusiastic about writing code and exploring new technologies.
• Develop features and improvements to our online ordering platform (and other systems as and when required).
• Adhere to our coding standards and deliver code which is well structured and fit for purpose.
• Provide clear and realistic time estimates for tasks in order to set and meet customer expectations.
• Experience of working on both agile and waterfall project delivery methods.
• Be able to organize and manage your schedule and task list for maximum productivity.
• Feel empowered to make suggestions which will improve existing systems.
• Write clear and concise technical specifications based upon business requirements.
• Undertake peer code reviews as and when required, and to provide constructive feedback.
• Remain up-to-date with industry standards and best practice.
• Undertake any other tasks appropriate to the position.
Ideal Attributes: -
- A good standard of education (e.g. 4 or more GCSE’s or equivalent including Maths and English).
- A software development related qualification.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Work to deadlines and within defined quality standards.
- Effective in working as part of a team.
Required Technical Skills:
- C# and ASP.NET MVC
- Visual Studio 2017
- Subversion or other similar version control software
- Microsoft SQL Server 2017 onwards
- Stored Procedures
- Microsoft Azure
- Knockout JS
- IIS – be able to deploy new applications as and when required
- Exposure to Biztalk or a related enterprise messaging service