Senior Credit Controller
Posted: February 2021
Salary: Competitive salary
Closing Date: 24th February 2021
Alexandra has been designing and manufacturing garments since 1854 are now the leading provider of modern protective workwear and suiting for just about every sector and business in the UK.
Alexandra has remained true to our core principles - quality, good design and reliable service. The award of The Royal Warrant is testament to our continued commitment to workwear development, at the very highest level.
At Alexandra, we place the customer at the heart of everything we do and look for passion and enthusiasm be a brand ambassador for our business.
As a dynamic, ambitious business we have every function that you’d expect within our offices based across the UK, so if you’re looking to develop your career in a fast-moving company and to contribute to the success of our business, read on.
A Tailor-Made Opportunity
We are looking for a Senior Credit Controller to join our Finance team based at our Thornbury office on a 12 month fixed term contract to start as quickly as possible.
Working as part of the wider Credit Control team, you oversee credit control activity in one of the three Sales Pillars, working in conjunction with a dedicated Credit Controller to maximise cash collection and customer satisfaction.
Together, you will take responsibility for the collection of any outstanding invoices for that area whilst building trusted and professional relationships with your customers. You will work to ensure targets are hit in terms of cash collection and call volumes but overwhelmingly with a customer focussed approach.
You will handle escalated disputes and have the authority to negotiate to achieve suitable commercial resolution within company guidelines
In addition to the cash collection side of things, you will also get involved with and all the admin side of a credit control including account reconciliations, monthly reporting, credit checking etc.
- You will be an experienced Credit Controller with the ability to hit the ground running but also bring new ideas and concepts to the team as we are keen to be the best Credit Control function we can be.
- If you have previously supervised or mentored people before, that would be ideal but we would also be interested to hear from people passionate to develop their career into people management.
- You will be commercially savvy and have great business acumen to be able to trust your instincts; you won’t be afraid to put customers on stop but equally won’t be quick to use “stop” as a weapon.
- You will have great communication skills, be able to build relationships and rapport with customers as well as with your wider team.
How we measure up?
As part of our continuing drive to put the customer at the heart of everything we do and to build a better working environment for our teams, within our modern, open plan offices, we have created collaborative working spaces and informal meeting zones.
With a continually evolving Corporate Responsibility policy and links to local and national charities, we take a positive approach to supporting those around us through a programme of events organised by our very active social committee.
Your introduction to Alexandra starts with a role-specific induction programme following continual support from our in-house learning and development function so that you can make full use of our training courses, L&D library and interactive e-learning platform.
We have been incredibly proud to support the NHS and all our customers over the COVID-19 pandemic, rapidly changing our business to support and provide uniforms and PPE to our customers whilst keeping our employees safe. We have embraced new ways of working and continued to work effectively providing our customers with
the very best level of service at such a difficult time for everyone involved.
Benefits to Suit You
As part of our team, we hope you will discover that the pursuit of excellence is a rewarding aspect of your career at Alexandra. We recognise your
individual contribution and offer you the following benefits:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday entitlement that increases with length of service
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Healthcare scheme options
- Life assurance
- Long service award scheme
- Individual subscription to a relevant professional organisations
- Cycle to work scheme
- Onsite free car parking