Posted: April 2019
Salary: competitive salary
Closing Date: 22nd April 2019
Alexandra has been designing and manufacturing garments for over 160 years and we offer a comprehensive workwear solutions for every area of a business, protecting workforce from head to toe, whether they are braving the elements, working in a factory or sitting at a desk.
We are looking to bring a Photographic Assistant into our Digital Marketing team.
Reporting to the Graphic Design Manager to develop photographic and imagery assets for use in a wide range of digital, print and communication projects to support marketing activity across all channels. Whilst focusing initially on still product photography for our website, the role will continue to evolve to encompass live model photography, video, and animation.
- Photographing product to a predetermined template, using in-house photographic and lighting equipment to produce high quality digital images.
- Set up each shot with attention to detail and ensuring that the Brand Image Guidelines are maintained
- Manage a workflow of imagery, liaising with our digital,graphics and product teams as required in order to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Book garments and accessories in and out of the studio, according to the planned workflow and working with members of the Category Team to supply prepared garments for photography
- Maintain a stringent image naming protocol and ensure that images are uploaded into our storage solution in the correct formats –including any colour retouching, cutting paths and sizing as required.
- Manage a library of images so that they can be accessed by members of the wider Marketing team as required.
- Maintain photographic equipment securely and in good working order.
- Maintain required levels of consumable stock to ensure smooth functioning of the studio.
- Make recommendations for further equipment required to enhance the range of imagery the studio is able to produce.
- Attend events and corporate functions to capture images of the events for us in internal and external publications.
- Keep up to date with current digital photography and imagery techniques and be confident to suggest and integrate new ideas in order that we continually improve the brand imagery we produce
We are looking for a talented and creative Photographer who ideally has a qualification in photography, computer imagery or media production alongside a willingness to
continue improving skills and knowledge in order to deliver creative imagery for the business.
It would be an advantage if you had experience of working within a photographic or digital graphic studio and are able to demonstrate good knowledge and understanding of the tasks required.
We would however be interested to hear from recent Graduates or College leavers with a proven, well-developed interest in modern digital photography who are able to demonstrate their abilities via a portfolio rather than experience alone.
Whether you are experienced or not, you will be a professional, well organised individual with a strong work ethic with excellent attention to detail. You need to be able to work alone and deliver work on-time. As the only Photographer within the team, you will be an integral and very important member of the team where there will be expectation on your to deliver to deadlines.
You will have the ability to take and interpret a photographic brief and the confidence to suggest improvements and enhancements to our imagery. Proven ability use specialist photographic equipment, lighting and props to produce high standard digital images is essential. You will also be experienced in maintaining, naming and uploading protocol in a secure, well organised library. You will be able to work confidently with Photoshop, Adobe Light room, Capture One and other Creative Suite elements as required in order to maintain, process and edit imagery to required standard
This is a brilliant role to gain commercial experience within a dynamic, fast paced business. You will be able to see the impact of your work and be able to influence the business
with your recommendations.
This is a fast paced and busy team and you will enjoy working in a high energy environment. You will be an upbeat and positive team player and take genuine enjoyment building good working relationships with colleague and customers alike.
We are based in Thornbury and although we are accessible by public transport, it is much easier to reach us if you drive. We offer a great place to work, we have a range of benefits you are able to take advantage of as well offering an opportunity to build yourself a career with Alexandra, part of the MWUK group.