Operational Logistics Planner
Posted: August 2021
Location: Long Eaton
Salary: Competitive salary
Closing Date: 9th September 2021
Mi Hub trades as Dimensions, Alexandra and Yaffy and makes up the UK’s largest supplier of corporate clothing solutions for all business sectors and industries whether from our renowned off-the-shelf catalogue range, made-to-order products or a fully bespoke service.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do and we look for people who are approachable, friendly and like to have fun, as we nurture this within our environment. As such we look for people who are passionate about what they do and, providing they are enthusiastic, a team player, willing to learn and like to have fun, they’ll fit right in!
We operate our own Logistics Centre based in Long Eaton covering seven sites representing over 630,000 sq.ft in size. We regularly dispatch over 400,000 garments per week and consistently achieve service levels in excess of 98% of customer requirements.
A Tailor-Made opportunity
Continuing our expansion and transformation of our entire business, we are looking for an Operational Logistics Planner to join our Logistics team.
In this brand new role, the Operational Logistics Planner will be responsible for the planning of all operational activities within our Logistics Centre including site layouts, volumetric storage planning, storage optimisation and data performance reporting. They will also manage the site inventory, physical changes of stock positions and our perpetual inventory agenda.
You will be the provider of all operational data reporting to aid the leadership team with their drive for continuous improvement, reduce administrative burden and provide training for the teams to be able to create key reporting information.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inventory control including Inbound stock balancing and workflows
- Creation of warehouse planning and reporting tools
- Analysis of all operational trends at the Logistic Centre to support leadership with the planning of maximum performance
- Operational Layouts and design flows
- Project Planning
- Support with the planning and implementation of warehouse systems programs at the Logistic Centre, working closely with the other members of the project team for effective delivery.
- Creation of weekly and monthly management reports detailing stock movements and operational performance against forecast.
- Supporting budget submissions
- Lead on all operational performance reporting but creating daily operational heat maps
- Working with the Continuous Improvement team to create granular detailed information for process improvements
- You will likely being working in a similar role within an FMCG/3PL environment but be looking for an opportunity to be involved in a “blank” canvas project!
- You will be passionate about logistics and strive for best in class at every opportunity
- From your previous roles, you will have experience of working with ERP and WMS solutions and be a confident user Microsoft and other best of class reporting tools
- You will be analytical and a natural problem-solver with logical and creative thinking skill
- As a strong communicator, you will be able to build working relationships across all levels and be able to gain support and recommendation for the projects you propose.
What you need to know about us:
You will be working within the best team!
Our entire Logistics team are the most passionate and dedicated team who are welcoming, friendly and supportive group. They strive every day to be the best.
- You will be given full training to ensure you have everything you need to thrive.
You will be supported at desk and we will give you ongoing training and development as part of our Learning & Development culture
- We can support your career development…if you want it
We offer career progression and actively encourage the internal progression of our employees to new positions but are equally happy to support you in your current role too.
- We are the market leader in our field!
We are really good at what we do, we are well respected in our Industry and need great people to work with us to continue to deliver that fantastic work.
Life Working at Mi Hub:
- In addition to our Logistics Centre based in Long Eaton, we have a large, open plan office based in Castle Donington with plenty of amenities around us.
- We have a flexible working and agile working policy allowing you the ability to tweak your working day.
- We take huge pride in our CSR policy and our impact on the environment with multiple initiatives to minimise the impact on our planet.
- We take holidays really seriously and offer 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays to be able to have that time doing whatever you love outside of work.
- We offer subsidised Vitality Health Insurance for you and your loved ones.
- We also support you on a day to day basis with access to an Employee Assistance Programme covering mental health, well-being, financial and legal support.
- We have a vibrant and busy social calendar driven by our desire to raise funds for local and national charities, supporting a number each year
- We also look after your loved ones with a 3x death in service life insurance scheme should the worst happen in your employment with us.
- We love celebrating long service and are proud to have member of our team celebrate their milestone anniversaries with us.