Posted: November 2020
Salary: Competitive salary
Closing Date: 3rd December 2020
Alexandra has been designing and manufacturing garments since 1854 are now the leading provider of modern protective workwear and suiting for just about every sector and business in the UK.
Alexandra has remained true to our core principles - quality, good design and reliable service. The award of The Royal Warrant is testament to our continued commitment to workwear development, at the very highest level.
At Alexandra, we place the customer at the heart of everything we do and look for passion and enthusiasm be a brand ambassador for our business.
As a dynamic, ambitious business we have every function that you’d expect within our offices based across the UK, so if you’re looking to develop your career in a fast-moving company and to contribute to the success of our business, read on.
A Tailor-Made Opportunity
We are looking for a Merchandiser to join our team based at our Thornbury office.Reporting to the Purchasing manager, your primary responsibility will be to manage & maintain on-time delivery with Alexandra and Mi Hub approved suppliers to contribute to company stock availability and support sales growth in line with demand.
This is a truly exciting time to join our team as we seek to grow and solidify our PPE and Medical Device product offering to our existing and future customer base made up of leading high street retailers, major UK and European corporate organisations as well as our NHS and Public services.
This role will be responsible for measuring and reporting the OTIF performance of all fabric & raw material suppliers. Placing/managing orders in line with forecasted and garment production demands through our off-shore CMT factories. Regularly maintain the company database of all schedules to ensure visibility of deliveries on time and in full.
Your role will include:
· Ensure purchase orders are placed to maximise any volume/price matrix opportunities.
· Liase with Garment Merchandiser to satisfy material demand and support production schedules.
· Ensure regular communication with Material Supplier on production schedules in line with on time in full expectations.
· Resolve exceptions and negotiate solutions to mitigate any changes including any recovery of Airfreight costs.
· Review Factory stock holding position and recommend movement of goods by AIR or SEA to mitigate any disruption to Factory production schedules in line with company approval process.
· Investigate shortfall and recommend solutions on any contingency plan to support production schedules.
· Maintain & Validate Fabric returns and utilisation plans from CMT factories to ensure accurate fabric stock levels
· Review Fabric Stock holding and recommend utilisation or disposal for aged or obsolete fabric.
· Liaise with CMT Factories on incoming fabric deliveries and ensure fabric stock is receipted through company database with any discrepancies resolved in a timely manner.
· Ensure all relevant information is passed to stakeholders in a timely manner including system statuses.
· Maintain Records of Supplier Delivery performance and report on headline exceptions.
· Arrange invoicing of goods and work with Finance to resolve debit note queries and to ensure payments are logged and monitored.
· Maintain Letter of Credit documents and liaise with accounts to ensure appropriate actions are taken.
· You will need relevant and specific experience in an apparel, PPE, or garment manufacturing working in a Merchandiser role.
· You will be highly knowledgeable of production planning processes
· It would be highly beneficial if you had any experience of project management or forecasting
· You must be capable of manage a complex set of products
· You are self-motivated and work well under pressure
· You are tenacious and not afraid of a challenge or to challenge!
How we measure up?
As part of our continuing drive to put the customer at the heart of everything we do and to build a better working environment for our teams, within our modern, open plan offices, we have created collaborative working spaces and informal meeting zones.
With a continually evolving Corporate Responsibility policy and links to local and national charities, we take a positive approach to supporting those around us through a programme of events organised by our very active social committee.
Your introduction to Alexandra starts with a role-specific induction programme following continual support from our in-house learning and development function so that you can make full use of our training courses, L&D library and interactive e-learning platform.
We have been incredibly proud to support the NHS and all our customers over the COVID-19 pandemic, rapidly changing our business to support and provide uniforms and PPE to our customers whilst keeping our employees safe. We have embraced new ways of working and continued to work effectively providing our customers with the very best level of service at such a difficult time for everyone involved.
Benefits to Suit You
As part of our team, we hope you will discover that the pursuit of excellence is a rewarding aspect of your career at Alexandra. We recognise your individual contribution and offer you the following benefits:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday entitlement that increases with length of service
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Healthcare scheme options
- Life assurance
- Long service award scheme
- Individual subscription to a relevant professional organisations
- Cycle to work scheme
- Onsite free car parking