Key Account Manager
Posted: August 2019
Salary: Competitive salary
Closing Date: 28th August 2019
Alexandra is the market leading provider of workwear in the UK with a 160 year history and Royal Warrant. The business is both enjoying and focused on further strong growth in both domestic and international markets. By joining Alexandra you will become part of Tailored Brands Corporate Workwear Division with our sister brands, Dimensions, Yaffy and Twin Hill.
We are looking for a Key Account Manager to cover our Northern region, based between Manchester and Nottingham M62/Northern M1 region to work with our Public sector accounts covering large public sector organisations within this territory.
Key Accounts are fundamental to Alexandra’s success and this role within the team is responsible for supporting that success by driving growth in your designated territory. We expect you to act as a brand ambassador forming a unique partnership with each customer, new and old, by having a deep understanding of their needs, fulfilled by your delivery of a long term vision and strategy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Accountable for delivering the sales & margin targets for your defined accounts / area, while also applying a wider business perspective to support delivery of both the business strategy and sales team objectives
- Prospect for potential new customers and maintain regular contact with existing customers, in line with the business’s agreed contact strategy, to identify potential needs and stimulate new sales.
- Work with the Regional Sales Manager to optimise call and journey plans to maximise selling time
- Develop and deliver account plans with clear aims, objectives and defined milestones to the defined company standards
- Develop and maintain strong internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Manage customer expectations and in turn work collaboratively with Internal stakeholders to manage risks and uncertainties delivering to plan
- Work effectively on leads passed through the business whilst also having a clear plan to also acquire leads through targeted self-generation
- Initiate and drive Bespoke Product lifecycles, securing customer underwrites unless otherwise agreed
- Identify opportunities to build the Alexandra Brand profile either within their business or in the Market Place they compete
- Proactively deepen customer and market knowledge to inform account and business planning and priorities
- Create and deliver strong commercial proposals using PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Complete strong preparation and planning for account engagement, securing support and alignment internally
- Adhere to the Company standards, SOX controls and maintaining the high levels of trust and expertise that reinforce our reputation
- Take commercial accountability for key non-financial measures including forecasting accuracy, debt, product and pricing accuracy
- Bring the customer closer to our Company, creating broader deeper relationships
You will ideally come from within the workwear industry and have specific experience of working within the public sector. You will bring to the role a high level of sector appropriate experience focussed around B2B sales experience. You will have previously work in a territory/field based sales role and be able to demonstrate your success in these role.
You will be seeking another field based role as you thoroughly enjoy the freedom and scope this type of role presents you. You will enjoy being in control of your diary and generating your own leads and building your own customer base.
Being based in the region, your role will cover the Northern region, based between Manchester and Nottingham M62/Northern M1 region but we are open to considering candidates outside of this area if you are happy to commit to the level of travel required to cover the area.
You will have excellent communication and negotiation skills and be able to build excellent relationships with customers from all backgrounds. This is a consultative style of sales and we are looking for an individual who builds trusted relationships through selling a solution rather than looking for short term wins.
You will have a deep understanding of your customers’ requirement and a thorough understanding of any external factors impacting your customer for good or bad. You will have excellent financial and business acumen and be comfortable discussing financials with customers.
You will be a brand ambassador for Alexandra and be passionate about both the products and service we offer; you will be professional in your interactions with customers and be a strong influencer and networker to open as many new avenues as possible.
Alexandra are a fantastic place to work; not only are you part of a fantastic brand but you will be working within a team of established and accomplished Sales Professionals led by an experienced and well respected Director. You will have the opportunity to build yourself a career where there is development but within a stable and forward-thinking organisation.