Key Account Manager
Posted: February 2021
Location: South West
Salary: Competitive salary plus car and commission
Closing Date: 25th February 2021
Alexandra has been designing and manufacturing garments since 1854 are now the leading provider of modern protective workwear and suiting for just about every sector and business in the UK.
Alexandra has remained true to our core principles - quality, good design and reliable service. The award of The Royal Warrant is testament to our continued commitment to workwear development, at the very highest level.
At Alexandra, we place the customer at the heart of everything we do and look for passion and enthusiasm be a brand ambassador for our business.
As a dynamic, ambitious business we have every function that you’d expect within our offices based across the UK, so if you’re looking to develop your career in a fast-moving company and to contribute to the success of our business, read on.
A Tailor-Made Opportunity
We are looking for a Key Account Manager to join our Public Sector Sales team based at our Thornbury offices to support our NHS customers in the South West.
Focussing on growing existing accounts and generating new business, you will focus on NHS accounts to supply workwear and PPE into one of our key industry sector where we have fantastic relationships.
Obviously due to current COVID restrictions, face to face meetings with customers are being replaced with Teams and Zoom calls but we hope there will be a time in the near future where we will be able to meet with customers once again.
On a day to day basis, you will be responsible for:
- Delivering the sales & margin targets for your defined area
- Generate new customers and maintain regular contact with existing customers, to identify potential needs and stimulate new sales.
- Develop and maintain strong internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Work effectively on leads passed through the business whilst also having a clear plan to also acquire leads through targeted self-generation
- Identify opportunities to build the Alexandra Brand profile either within their business or in the Market Place they compete
- Create and deliver strong commercial proposals using PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Take commercial accountability for key non-financial measures including forecasting accuracy, debt, product and pricing accuracy
- You will ideally come from within the workwear or PPE industry and have specific experience of selling into the NHS
- Based within the South West, you will be able to split your week between visiting your customers and visiting the Thornbury based office.
- You will bring to the role a high level of sector appropriate experience focussed around B2B sales experience.
- You will have previously work in a territory/field based sales role and be able to demonstrate your success in these role.
- You will enjoy being in control of your diary and generating your own leads and building your own customer base.
- This is a consultative style of sales and we are looking for an individual who builds trusted relationships through selling a solution rather than looking for short term wins.
How we measure up?
As part of our continuing drive to put the customer at the heart of everything we do and to build a better working environment for our teams, within our modern, open plan offices, we have created collaborative working spaces and informal meeting zones.
With a continually evolving Corporate Responsibility policy and links to local and national charities, we take a positive approach to supporting those around us through a programme of events organised by our very active social committee.
Your introduction to Alexandra starts with a role-specific induction programme following continual support from our in-house learning and development function so that you can make full use of our training courses, L&D library and interactive e-learning platform.
We have been incredibly proud to support the NHS and all our customers over the COVID-19 pandemic, rapidly changing our business to support and provide uniforms and PPE to our customers whilst keeping our employees safe. We have embraced new ways of working and continued to work effectively providing our customers with the very best level of service at such a difficult time for everyone involved.
Benefits to Suit You
As part of our team, we hope you will discover that the pursuit of excellence is a rewarding aspect of your career at Alexandra. We recognise your individual
contribution and offer you the following benefits:
- A competitive salary
- Annual bonus/commission scheme
- Company car and fuel card
- 25 days holiday entitlement that increases with length of service
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Agile working policy
- Employee assistance programme
- Healthcare scheme options
- Life assurance
- Long service award scheme
- Individual subscription to a relevant professional organisations
- Cycle to work scheme
- Onsite free car parking