Head of Risk & Compliance
Posted: November 2020
Location: Castle Donington or Thornbury
Salary: Competitive salary
Closing Date: 3rd December 2020
Mi Hub trades as Dimensions, Alexandra, Yaffy and US-based Twinhill and makes up the UK’s largest supplier of corporate clothing solutions for all business sectors and industries whether from our renowned off-the-shelf catalogue range, made-to-order products or a fully bespoke service.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do and we look for people who are approachable, friendly and like to have fun, as we nurture this within our environment.
As such we look for people who are passionate about what they do and, providing they are enthusiastic, a team player, willing to learn and like to have fun, they’ll fit right in!
As a dynamic, ambitious business we have every function that you’d expect within our office based in Castle Donington, so if you’re looking to develop your career in a fast moving company and to contribute to the success of our business, read on.
A Tailor-Made Opportunity
The Head of Risk & Compliance is a new role created to oversee and develop the group compliance and risk management strategy to meet the current and future needs of the organisation.
Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, the role is one of first line defence for the organisation, has responsibility for all corporate risk and compliance matters, and works directly with the company’s senior management team shaping decisions and policy.
You will ensure that the organisation is able to meet regulatory responsibilities and operate within risk appetite, and to also provide expert risk and compliance advice and support to the management team on business activities and strategic deliverables. Key to the role is strong stakeholder management to ensure that the business cultivates and embed a culture that is risk and compliance aware throughout Mi Hub Limited.
This is a role that covers our entire business and is incredibly broad and wide reaching; a few key responsibilities would include:
- Develop and maintain risk matrix, ensuringthat all parties understand their responsibilities and take ownership
- Own the policy suite for Mi-Hub Group
- Work with Directors to ensure that all areas of the business are compliant with legislation and internal procedures
- Develop and deliver a programme of internal compliance monitoring
- Ensure that quality standards are maintained and implemented
- Introduce new quality standards as appropriate
- Ensure that Business Continuity Plans are effectively managed and up-to-date
- Develop and manage third party delivery of an annual internal audit programme; report findings to the Mi-Hub Board.
- In conjunction with the HR Director, support the Mi-Hub Executive team in designing an appropriate CSR strategy, framework and improvement plan
- Own the delivery of the CSR plan. Provide reporting to Senior Executive team and Board monthly, and as necessary for audit or other reviews.
- Ensure all staff are fully conversant with, and comply with, all relevant legislation through annual training modules
- Manage the successful delivery of compliance projects ensuring technical excellence and a practical/business driven approach.
- Line management of the Information Security Compliance Officer
- Significant relevant broad-based compliance/regulatory experience
- Strong knowledge of Data Protection/GDPR
- Experience of Risk Matrix design and implementation
- Experience of conducting regulatory assurance and monitoring activity with third party providers
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to influence and work with others
- Organised and logical
- Experience of utilising and analysing data
- First class presentation skills
- Commercially astute and customer focused
- Passionate about a high quality service
- Good working knowledge of key Legal/Regulatory requirements: Data Protection Act 2018; GDPR, Anti-Bribery & Corruption; Modern Slavery Act 2015, Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 (excluding HR/employment legal compliance)
- Good working knowledge of a variety of International Standards e.g. ISO 9001, 27001,45001, 14001
- Professional qualification, Degree or significant relevant experience
How we measure up?
As part of our continuing drive to put the customer at the heart of everything we do and to build a better working environment for our teams, within our modern, open plan offices, we have created collaborative working spaces and informal meeting zones.
With a continually evolving Corporate Responsibility policy and links to local and national charities, we take a positive approach to supporting those around us through a programme of events organised by our very active social committee.
Your introduction to us starts with a role-specific induction programme following continual support from our in-house learning and development function so that you can make full use of our training courses, L&D library and interactive e-learning platform.
We have been incredibly proud to support the NHS and all our customers over the COVID-19 pandemic, rapidly changing our business to support and provide uniforms and PPE to our customers whilst keeping our employees safe. We have embraced new ways of working and continued to work effectively providing our customers with the very best level of service at such a difficult time for everyone involved.
Benefits to Suit You
As part of our team, we hope you will discover that the pursuit of excellence is a rewarding aspect of your career with us. We recognise your individual contribution and offer you the following benefits:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday entitlement that increases with length of service
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Agile Working Policy
- Employee assistance programme
- Healthcare scheme options
- Life assurance
- Long service award scheme
- Individual subscription to a relevant professional organisations
- Cycle to work scheme
- Onsite car parking
- Onsite breakout space, free tea and coffee and small kitchen areas on each floor.