Customs Import Administrator
Posted: November 2020
Location: Long Eaton
Salary: Competitive salary
Closing Date: 17th November 2020
Mi Hub trades asDimensions, Alexandra and Yaffy and makes up the UK’s largest supplier of corporate clothing solutions for all business sectors and industries whether from our renowned off-the-shelf catalogue range, made-to-order products or a fully bespoke service.
The Mi Hub Logistic Centre operation is based in Long Eaton and has a history of 23 years of distribution excellence. With Lean Six Sigma at the heart of the operation, we embrace a continuous improvement culture and initiatives.
We look for people who are passionate about what they do and, providing they are enthusiastic, a team player, willing to learn and like to have fun, they’ll fit right in!
A Tailor-Made opportunity
We are looking for Customs Import Administrator to join our Logistics Centre based in Long Eaton on a permanent basis to start ASAP.
Reporting to our Imports and Exports Operations Manager, you will provide administrative support for our Customs Warehouse/CFSP system, OPR processing, duty management and freight forwarding operations.
This is a challenging role, therefore experience in Customs & Imports is essential.
- Raise and prepare import files under guidance and in accordance with Customs criteria and the business shipping schedule from shipment pre-alert information
- Collate Customs information from the company’s electronic PO tracking systems
- Ensure all front end shipment file data is accurate and complete
- Record all shipment data on to the Import Consignment Note
- Confirm freight charges received for Customs purposes are in accordance with agreed rates and record on the Import Consignment Note
- Validate all commercial documentation for accuracy and completeness
- Understand and be able to use INCOTERMS
- Understand and Collate duty preference documentation.
- Understand Commodity Code classifications and Trade Tariffs
- Develop customs import entries using the company’s duty management system (under guidance)
- Previous experience of working in a fast moving shipping environment
- Knowledge of import processes and paperwork
- Familiar with Customs duty management systems
- Fantastic administration and customer service skills with excellent relationships building skills.
- Confident telephone manner and excellent written English.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and to specific deadlines where appropriate
How we measure up?
As part of our continuing drive to put the customer at the heart of everything we do, we have created an Logistics Centre that provides us with the space, technology and processes to move quickly and efficiently for the customers but without compromising on the work environment for our employees. We
strive for better ways of working and are continually reviewing our use of technology and individual processes for better and different ways.
With a continually evolving Corporate Responsibility policy and links to local and national charities, we take a positive approach to supporting those around us through a
programme of events organised by our very active social committee.
We have been incredibly proud to support the NHS and all our customers over the COVID-19 pandemic, rapidly changing our business to
support and provide uniforms and PPE to our customers whilst keeping our employees safe. We have embraced new
ways of working and continued to work effectively providing our customers with the very best level of service at such a difficult time for everyone involved.
Benefits to Suit You
As part of our team, we hope you will discover that the pursuit of excellence is a rewarding aspect of your career with
us. We recognise your individual contribution and offer you the following benefits:
- A competitive annual salary
- Monday to Friday, 7am – 3.30pm working pattern.
- 25 days holiday entitlement that increases with length of service
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Long service award scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Onsite free car parking
- Canteen and break out space
- Free vending machines for hot drinks