Posted: July 2019
Location: Long Eaton
Salary: Competitive salary
Closing Date: 7th August 2019
We are currently looking for a new Sewing Machinist to join our Customisation team at our Long Eaton offices.
We are the UK’s leading suppliers of bespoke corporate clothing, offering a stable organisation which is steeped in knowledge and expertise for delivering successful clothing programmes for people at work.
We have achieved the position of market leader by offering excellent products at outstanding value and providing an unparalleled service to its clients.
Due to continued growth, we are looking for an experienced and talented Machinist to join our Customisation team on a permanent basis to start as soon as possible to keep delivering high quality but bespoke garments to our customers.
- You will be responsible for the alteration and embellishment of finished garments in line with business demands, as well as the quality of any alterations or customisation.
- You will brand generic stock in line with customer branding guidelines.
- Heat Sealing of stock as and required by the business ensuring correct application in line with the application instructions relating to temperature and timings.
- Embroidering stock as required ensuring the application is placed in the correct position and in the correct colours.
- To use industrial sewing machines such as Lock-stitch, 3, 4 & 5 Thread Over-lock, Button and Button-hole and Blind hem machines Heat-sealing and Embroidery machines to amend stock.
- Shortening of generic stock items, (altering long sleeve to short, trouser & skirt length alterations to a high standard).
- To be aware of customer specific branding requirements by liaising with the Alterations Supervisor and adhering to the procedures and process’ already in place within the customization area.
- Ability to follow the work schedule (planning document) set out by the Customisation Supervisor, ensuring any potential delays are notified immediately.
- Ensure production targets are met and that all work produced meets or exceeds the department’s quality standards.
Working 7am to 3pm Monday to Friday, we offer a fantastic place to work for an individual who takes great pride in the quality of work they produce as well as naturally enjoying your work. Working as part of a team, you will support each other through busy periods and work hard to achieve customer deadlines underpinning our commitment to our customers.