Business Intelligence Analyst - Bristol
Posted: April 2018
Location: Thornbury, Bristol
Closing Date: 30th April 2018
Alexandra is the market leading provider of workwear in the UK with a 160 year history and Royal Warrant holder. The business is focused on continuing the current strong growth trends in both the domestic and international markets. Joining Alexandra, you will become part of Tailored Brands Corporate Workwear Division with our sister brands, Dimensions, Yaffy and Twin Hill.
As a growing business, our reporting is key to ensuring that the right data is put into the hands of the appropriate end user. As the Business Intelligence Analyst, reporting into the Head of Commercial Planning & Analysis, you will be responsible for maintaining & improving our SQL database alongside developing reporting tools, such as our web-based reporting hub which is currently in its initial launch phase. You will be business partnering across all areas of the business, gaining wide visibility in a role that has the potential to gain real impact on the business workings at all levels.
• Initiate and lead discussions with colleagues at all levels to understand and define business reporting resource requirements
• Prepare reporting development proposals to formalise requirements and gain appropriate sign off
• Development & implementation of SQL-based reporting tools, using a variety of technical skills
• Ensure stakeholders are informed throughout the development process (including, but not limited to, requirements definition, design and implementation phases)
• Prepare end-user process and procedural documentation as needed, including leading training sessions where required
• Manage, maintain and improve the SQL database in line with business requirements
• Responsibility for the continuous development of the data warehouse, including the integration of multiple data sources
• Ensure database security is maintained at all times, in line with business & legal requirements
• Any other duties commensurate with this role.
• Experience working with :
o MS SQL Server 2008-2016, T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS & SSRS
o ETL, stored procedures & indexing
o Knowledge of OLAP cubes
• Experience of working with data hierarchies & large data sets
• Desirable experience:
o VB.net, Winforms, WPF, C#, MVC, Entity Framework
o Web-based interface development.
Knowledge and skills
• Ability to maintain high standards of accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to propose solutions, using innovative problem solving and collaboration with colleagues
• Confident communicator, with the ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels
• Strong organisational skills, with the ability to manage and monitor workload
• Demonstrate potential to work well in a fast-paced environment, handling pressure, tight deadlines and adapting easily to changing priorities
• Have a professional, positive approach to all tasks
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently as part of a team and independently.