Business Development Manager
Posted: January 2019
Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: Castle Donington
Salary: Negotiable dependent upon experience
Closing Date: 28th January 2019
The role of the Business Development Manager is to be at the forefront of developing client relationships to generate new business revenue or retain existing business through the identification, nurturing and conversion of prospects who require a managed business service.
- Accountable for the achievement of a new business sales and profit target from specified prospective clients within the sales pipeline.
- Execute the full sales lifecycle from opening a dialogue with key DMUs and nurturing the relationship through to negotiation and successful close.
- Prepare business proposals for potential or existing clients in the form of written proposals, prequalification documents and tender submissions ensuring that they accurately reflect the services and pricing that has been agreed.
- Ensure the smooth transition of new contract into the Account Management team through the preparation of a timely, accurate and complete handover package to include all agreed timescales, products and contractual negotiations.
- Assist Account Managers in the presentation of proposals for new opportunities with existing clients.
- Within key industry sectors, identify target potential clients in order to develop and sell a tailored service package that meets the needs of the client and the commercial targets required by the business.
- Ensure the sales pipeline database is maintained with accurate up to date information for all key potential clients.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working within the FMCG industry
- Be able to connect with clients, identify customer needs and challenges, build upon existing relationships and develop new ones
- Flexibility to travel within UK & internationally as required
- Outstanding commercial awareness with the ability to meet and exceed KPIs within a fast paced environment
- Motivated and highly resilient
- Working knowledge of the sales lifecycle including researching, prospecting, sales planning, negotiation and closing skills
- Deliver presentations with a personable confidence and passion
- Excellent command of written English with copy accuracy
- Proactive in suggesting new ideas to improve processes and performance
- Experience of working within the corporate apparel market desirable but not essential