Business Development Consultant - Works Uniform Direct
Posted: October 2020
Salary: Competitive salary plus car and commission paid in Euros
Closing Date: 22nd October 2020
Alexandra has been designing and manufacturing garments since 1854 are now the leading provider of modern protective workwear and suiting for just about every sector and business in the UK.
Joining forces with Works Uniform Direct, we are the leading supplier of workwear and corporate uniforms in Ireland.
We have remained true to our core principles - quality, good design and reliable service. At Alexandra and Works Uniform Direct, we place the customer at the heart of everything we do and look for passion and enthusiasm be a brand ambassador for our business.
As a dynamic, ambitious business, we have seen exponential growth across all our business lines and look to enhance our team with the addition of a Business Development Consultant to cover the Republic of Ireland
A Tailor-Made Opportunity
As the Business Development Consultant, you will play a pivotal role in developing Alexandra’s market position and achieving financial growth in the Republic of Ireland.
You will be tasked with winning new business within Ireland through catalogue sales, predominantly in the healthcare and public sector and focusing on large contracts in the healthcare sector.
The sales pipeline within Alexandra is an essential forecasting tool and the role holder will be expected to maintain and grow their business pipeline for their sector and outside of this.
This is a national field-based role with an expectation that the role holder will spend 4 days a week visiting prospective customers. The role holder will be expected to support and attend exhibitions in the various sectors and to be involved with sector specific sales.
An overview of this role would include being:
- Accountable for planning and delivering a sales strategy for Ireland in line with the overall sales strategy and based on market knowledge and research.
- Managing a new business and customer sales pipeline, creating new business opportunities by using appropriate sales techniques and strategies within your market sector.
- Responsible for maintaining high levels of awareness of the public healthcare sector as well as detailed analysis of the competition. Feedback and report competitor information to the business and colleagues growth and margin targets and conducting regular meetings and reviews in respect of these. Revising strategies and plans where appropriate to ensure KPI’s, margins and targets are achieved and call plans for all new business opportunities.
- Driving and delivering appropriate business KPIs, meeting and exceeding sales
- Proactively developing, implementing, and monitoring a contact strategy, including
- Developing and maintaining an accurate stock forecast with customers to achieve a smooth contract implementation
a senior member of the Sales team, we would like you to act as a role model and
mentor to more junior members of the team with a view to taking on more
official line management duties in the future.
- Previous experience of working in a
standalone, fast paced sales role, with a proven track record
- Experience of working in the public
sector, ideally public healthcare
- A self-starter, with the ability to work
under own initiative and with minimal guidance.
- Exceptional negotiation, selling and
objection handling skills
- Exceptional communication and listening
skills with the ability to persuade and influence others
- High levels of attention to detail and
- Financial literacy, with the ability to
write reports and interpret complex financial data
- Strong presentation skills with the
ability to adapt style depending on the customer and situation
- Confident, self motivated and
- Professional, smart and appropriate
- Full driving licence
How we measure up?
As part of our
continuing drive to put the customer at the heart of everything we do and to
build a better working environment for our teams, within our modern, open plan
offices, we have created collaborative working spaces and informal meeting
With a continually
evolving Corporate Responsibility policy and links to local and national
charities, we take a positive approach to supporting those around us through a
programme of events organised by our very active social committee.
Your introduction to
Alexandra starts with a role-specific induction programme following continual
support from our in-house learning and development function so that you can
make full use of our training courses, L&D library and interactive e-learning
We have been incredibly
proud to support all our customers over the COVID-19 pandemic, rapidly changing
our business to support and provide uniforms and PPE to our customers whilst
keeping our employees safe. We have
embraced new ways of working and continued to work effectively providing our
customers with the very best level of service at such a difficult time for
Benefits to Suit You
As part of our team, we hope
you will discover that the pursuit of excellence is a rewarding aspect of your
career at Alexandra. We recognise your individual contribution and offer you
the following benefits:
car, fuel card, laptop and mobile
days holiday entitlement that increases with length of service
sacrifice pension scheme
service award scheme
subscription to a relevant professional organisations
to work scheme