Posted: July 2019
Location: Castle Donington
Salary: Competitive day rate
Closing Date: 25th July 2019
Biztalk Developer (Consultant)
Contract | 40 hours per week | Castle Donington
As the Biztalk Developer your role will be to assist in the design and delivery of the organisation’s IT Integration services, their on-going management and improvements and to assist the organisation delver its goals by delivering quality, reliable IT system integrations. As the Biztalk Developer in the infrastructure team this will involve working very closely with colleagues in the Business Systems and Web Development teams within the IT function to deliver services and systems.
Reporting to the Head of Infrastructure and Operations, you will be responsible for implementing system integrations using Biztalk and Logic Apps as well as providing mentoring and on job training to the rest of the IT Team around Biztalk and integrations.
· Maintain environment uptime by monitoring BizTalk Server exceptions and resolving BizTalk Server specific issues
· Adding, Configuring and Monitoring BizTalk Adapters, Host and Host Instances. Experience of usingBizTalk adapters SFTP, FTP, POP, SMTP, WCF adapters
· Monitoring Business Activity Monitoring (BAM)
· Enabling / Disabling of BizTalk tracing
· Debug application errors and testing BizTalk artefacts
· Deploy applications into the BizTalk Server environment
· Effective, efficient execution of day-to-day tasks. Support procedures timely resolution of problems and inquiries. Service desk support, Incident management, Problem management
· Set up SQL Server database backup and restore jobs for all SQL Server databases
· Ensure that maintenance scripts are run regularly
· Provide on the job training to the rest of the IT Team around Biztalk.
Essential skills and experience:
· Proven and relevant working experience in a Biztalk Developer or similar role.
· Specific experience of BizTalk 2016 (Development, configuration & administration).
· Excellent knowledge of, and experience of, Azure Dev Ops, Azure API Gateway, Azure Functions / Logic Apps
· Good working knowledge of:
o C# (Web/WCF/REST/Web API services)
o C# (Web API / MVC / MVVM)
o ESBToolkit 2.0 / 2.1 / 2.2 / 2.3 / 2.4
o ASP.NET / MVC
o ADO.NET / Entity Framework
o jQuery, Knockout.js
o Storage systems, DAS, NAS and SAN
· Excellent XML/XSLT/XSL/XPath,T-SQL, SSIS & SQL Server
· Extensive knowledge of WCF Essentials, WCF Architecture, Service Contracts, Data Contracts, WCF Generics, Error Handling, WCF Security.
· Experience with implementing BizTalk XSD Schema, Pipeline Component, Orchestrations, Maps, Business Rule Engine
· Visual Studio
· Strong team working and mentoring skills
Desirable skills and experience:
· Knowledge of IT Security Principles (ISO27001 InfoSec or other).
· Microsoft BizTalk 2013 or 2016 Infrastructure
· Documentation and architecting technical processes and security requirements for Biztalk and Logic Apps
· Open API Standards
· Understanding of PRINCE2 (or other) project methodology.