Mi Hub Tax Principles
Our approach to tax
We understand the importance of the taxes we pay in supporting the development and growth of the communities in which we operate and take a responsible approach in respect of our tax obligations.
We operate under the following principles:
- We shall only engage in tax planning that is aligned with commercial and economic activity and does not lead to an abusive result
- We shall interpret the relevant tax laws in a way consistent with a relationship of “co-operative compliance” with relevant tax authorities
- In international matters, we shall follow the terms of the relevant Double Taxation Treaties and relevant OECD guidelines in dealing with such issues as transfer pricing and establishing taxable presence, and shall engage constructively in international dialogue on the review of global tax rules and the need for any changes
- We may respond to tax incentives and exemptions
- We shall be open and transparent with tax authorities about our tax affairs and provide all relevant information that is necessary for those authorities to review possible tax risks
- We shall work collaboratively with tax authorities to achieve early agreement on disputed issues and certainty on a real-time basis, wherever possible
- Our companies and strategies will meet the requirements under the UK’s “Schedule 19, Finance Act of 2016”
As of 12/2018.