Supply Chain Systems Coordinator
Posted: August 2019
Location: Castle Donington
Salary: Competitive salary
Closing Date: 21st August 2019
Supply Chain Systems Coordinator
12 month fixed term contract I 40 hours I Based at Castle Donington
The primary purpose of the role is to act as a Super-User of the Visions PLM System and on
doing so, supports both the day-to-day use of the system and the delivery of new functionality. It is not a technical
role per-se but one of administration and coordination, across all Visions users. This will include, but not limited to:
· Supporting the on-going Vision Configuration & functional development including testing new releases, creating or amending Critical Path templates ad assistant with user training. This will include the update and production of training material.
· To act as a check and conscience for the application becoming the central point of administration to advise and support all visions users, to ensure that the Data integrity within Visions NG is being properly set and maintained.
· Become the expert on Vision Critical path functionality, with the ability to modify and create new critical paths as required.
· To administer and ensure that all interfaces either to or from Vision are running correctly. This will include project initiation, the production and update of FR remote packages.
In the role of Super User, be able to assist, support and test and new requirements for data interfaces with Vision generates out of the Horizon ERP replacement project.
Liaise with both the MWUK internal and FRS external support teams to ensure that timely recovering and update of software faults and new developments.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
· They should have good understanding of data flows between all functions of the supply chain, purchasing, forecasting & capacity planning and 3rd party information and how this is collected to produce reports as well as the impact of any external data sources on reporting.
· Good understanding and awareness of current business processes within supply chain and its inputs, output tools and applications used to support the business.
· Be able to recognise and understand the different business models across the MWUK brands and hope this is reflected in Visions NG
· A good understanding of critical path concepts and how critical paths can be used to support Project delivery and product/material development.
· Ability to work independently monitor, review and analyse data and report finding to stakeholders.
· Experience in working in the Garment manufacturing industry and understanding the product lifecycle from design concept to production.
· To understand the core concepts of both garment technical specification writing and material development.
· Have an appreciation of the regulatory and compliance directive under which MWUK are operating in the environment, socio economic and sustainability areas.
· To support line managers in the upkeep and use of data and be engaged in any redesign of internal operations, that may require system change.
· Solid understanding and sound computer use, particularly of relational databases, spreadsheets and other reporting/data query packages.
· Flexibility – works effectively with a variety of cross functional groups and individuals and appreciates opposing perspective on an issue.
· Adaptability – can work within an agile/lean environment where requirements or a situation can change rapidly.
· Has a working knowledge of the steps in the project management/planning so that you can manage self, critical path steps and others in a timely delivery of objectives.
· Where applicable, represent the company to 3rd party suppliers (either new or existing) wit regards to the functional performance of the software.
· Being able to work to deadlines and have good written and spoken communication so that outputs meet requirements.
· Work with the Supply Chain Business Transition Programme Manager and other in producing and analysing data to support new processes and monitor the impact of change.
· To assist others with data migration, data cleansing & archiving and understanding the impact these activities would have on existing reports.
· Work with Business Analysts to ensure that they have a good knowledge of the data and how any proposed changes may affect reporting.
This is a 12 month fixed term contract to start as soon as possible.