Personal Assistant to MD
Posted: September 2020
Location: Castle Donington
Salary: Competitive salary
Closing Date: 7th October 2020
Mi Hub trades as Dimensions, Alexandra, Yaffy and Twinhill and makes up the UK’s largest supplier of corporate clothing solutions for all business sectors and industries whether from our renowned off-the-shelf catalogue range, made-to-order products or a fully bespoke service.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do and we look for people who are approachable, friendly and like to have fun, as we nurture this within our environment.
As such we look for people who are passionate about what they do and, providing they are enthusiastic, a team player, willing to learn and like to have fun, they’ll fit right in!
As a dynamic, ambitious business we have every function that you’d expect within our office based in Castle Donington, so if you’re looking to develop your career in a fast-moving company and to contribute to the success of our business, read on.
A Tailor-Made opportunity
We are looking for a Personal Assistant to support one of our Managing Directors based at our Castle Donington office. We are ideally looking for someone to work 30 hours per week across 5 days, although we would be open to other working patterns of around 30 hours per week.
This is an incredibly busy and varied role encompassing everything you would expect of a PA position; you will need to have excellent secretarial and organisational skills.
You will be a strong team player with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and have the ability to demonstrate initiative.
Diplomatic and discreet in approach, you will be able to manage a complex and demanding workload, be able to work to deadlines and have the ability to assimilate large quantities of written and verbal communication quickly.
On a day to day basis, your role will include:
· Effectively manage electronic diaries, assessing priority of appointments and reallocating as necessary.
· Receiving and dealing with telephone calls professionally, re-directing or taking messages and using your initiative to deal with queries.
· Sorting, distributing and responding or drafting responses to incoming mail in a timely and efficient manner.
· Organising and maintaining effective filing systems.
· Acting as a key liaison point between the senior managers and other key parties,setting up meetings as appropriate and maintaining good communications.
· Making travel arrangements, booking accommodation and processing claims for expenses.
· Providing high quality and professional office hospitality to visitors
· Responsibility for the administration of facilities for the Head Office building including managing relationships with the cleaning contractors, building maintenance contractor and other trades
· Due to the demanding nature of this role, we are looking for someone with experience as a Personal Assistant to a senior Director/Executive level.
· Experience of electronic diary management.
· Excellent team working skills with the ability to work collaboratively and co-operatively with colleagues.
· Ability to organise and plan own work.
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to ensureeffective communication with a wide range of contacts both internal and external.
· Excellent attention to detail, including proof reading skills, with the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
· Demonstration of the ability to work under sustained pressure and to tight deadlines.
· A flexible, pro-active approach to work including the ability to prioritise and re-prioritise to achieve successful outcomes.
· Ability to work on own initiative.
· Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
· Strong IT skills including good Microsoft Office skills in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
How we measure up?
As part of our continuing drive to put the customer at the heart of everything we do and to build a better working environment for our teams, within our modern, open plan offices,
we have created collaborative working spaces and informal meeting zones.
With a continually evolving Corporate Responsibility policy and links to local and national charities, we take a positive approach to supporting those around us through a programme of events organised by our very active social committee.
Your introduction to us starts with a role-specific induction programme following continual support from our in-house learning and development function so that you can make full use of our training courses, L&D library and interactive e-learning platform.
We have been incredibly proud to support the NHS and all our customers over the COVID-19 pandemic, rapidly changing our business to support and provide uniforms and PPE to our customers whilst keeping our employees safe. We have embraced new ways of working and continued to work effectively providing our customers with the very best level of service at such a difficult time for everyone involved.
Benefits to Suit You
As part of our team, we hope you will discover that the pursuit of excellence is a rewarding aspect of your career with us. We recognise your individual contribution and offer you the following benefits:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday entitlement that increases with length of service
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Agile Working Policy
- Employee assistance programme
- Healthcare scheme options
- Life assurance
- Long service award scheme
- Individual subscription to a relevant professional organisations
- Cycle to work scheme
- Onsite free car parking
- Onsite breakout space, free tea and coffee and small kitchen areas on each floor.