PA to Chief Operating Officer
Posted: September 2021
Location: Castle Donington
Salary: Competitive salary
Closing Date: 28th September 2021
Mi Hub trades as Dimensions, Alexandra, Yaffy and Twinhill and makes up the UK’s largest supplier of corporate clothing solutions for all business sectors and industries whether from our renowned off-the-shelf catalogue range, made-to-order products or a fully bespoke service.
A Tailor-Made opportunity
We are looking for a Personal Assistant to support our Chief Operating Officer and the wider Executive Team based at our Castle Donington office. We are open to either full or part time with someone working 30 hours per week across 5 days, although we would be open to other working patterns of around 30 hours per week.
This is an incredibly busy and varied role encompassing everything you would expect of a PA position; you will need to have excellent secretarial and organisational skills.
You will have excellent diary management experience and be extremely efficient.
You will be a strong team player with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and have the ability to demonstrate initiative as well as protecting the time and workload of the COO.
Diplomatic and discreet in approach, you will be able to manage a complex and demanding workload, be able to work to deadlines and have the ability to assimilate large quantities of written and verbal communication quickly.
You will also take on the management of some of the facilities of the building mirroring your support of the Executive team. This is that classic role where lots of things may come your way as it is to support our Executive team and the overall business.
On a day to day basis, your role will include:
- Effectively manage electronic diaries, assessing priority of appointments and reallocating as necessary.
- Receiving and dealing with telephone calls professionally, re-directing or taking messages and using your initiative to deal with queries.
- Sorting, distributing and responding or drafting responses to incoming mail in a timely and efficient manner.
- Organising and maintaining effective filing systems.
- Acting as a key liaison point between the senior managers and other key parties, setting up meetings as appropriate and maintaining good communications.
- Making travel arrangements, booking accommodation and processing claims for expenses.
- Providing high quality and professional office hospitality to visitors
- Responsibility for the administration of facilities for the Head Office building including managing relationships with the cleaning contractors, building maintenance contractor and other trades
- Due to the demanding nature of this role, we are looking for someone with experience as a Personal Assistant to a senior Director/Executive level.
- Experience of electronic diary management.
- Excellent team working skills with the ability to work collaboratively and co-operatively with colleagues.
- Ability to organise and plan own work.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to ensure effective communication with a wide range of contacts both internal and external.
- Excellent attention to detail, including proof reading skills, with the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Demonstration of the ability to work under sustained pressure and to tight deadlines.
- A flexible, pro-active approach to work including the ability to prioritise and re-prioritise to achieve successful outcomes.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Strong IT skills including good Microsoft Office skills in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
How we measure up?
As part of our continuing drive to put the customer at the heart of everything we do and to build a better working environment for our teams, within our modern, open plan offices, we have created collaborative working spaces and informal meeting zones.
With a continually evolving Corporate Responsibility policy and links to local and national charities, we take a positive approach to supporting those around us through a
programme of events organised by our very active social committee.
Your introduction to us starts with a role-specific induction programme following continual support from our in-house learning and development function so that you can make full use of our training courses, L&D library and interactive e-learning platform.
We have been incredibly proud to support the NHS and all our customers over the COVID-19 pandemic, rapidly changing our business to support and provide uniforms and PPE to our customers whilst keeping our employees safe. We have embraced new ways of working and continued to work effectively providing our customers with
the very best level of service at such a difficult time for everyone involved.
- We have a large, open plan office based in Castle Donington with plenty of amenities around us.
- We offer flexible and agile working allowing you to agree a working pattern that suits your start and finish time.
- We take huge pride in our CSR policy and our impact on the environment with multiple initiatives to minimise the impact on our planet.
- We provide you with all the tools you need to do your job; laptop, mobile, 2 screens, headset etc
- We take holidays really seriously and offer 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays to be able to have that time doing whatever you love outside of work.
- We offer subsidised Vitality Health Insurance for you and your loved ones.
- We also support you on a day to day basis with access to an Employee Assistance Programme covering mental health, well-being, financial and legal support.
- We have a vibrant and busy social calendar driven by our desire to raise funds for local and national charities, supporting a number each year
- We also look after your loved ones with a 3x death in service life insurance scheme should the worst happen in your employment with us.
- We offer career progression and actively encourage the internal progression of our employees to new positions.
- We love celebrating long service and are proud to have member of our team celebrate their milestone anniversaries with us.