Operations Manager - Compliance
Posted: December 2019
Location: Long Eaton
Salary: Competitive salary
Closing Date: 10th January 2020
MWUK trades as Dimensions, Alexandra and Yaffy and makes up the UK’s largest supplier of corporate clothing solutions for all business sectors and industries whether from our renowned off-the-shelf catalogue range, made-to-order products or a fully bespoke service.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do and we look for people who are approachable, friendly and like to have fun, as we nurture this within our environment.
As such we look for people who are passionate about what they do and, providing they are enthusiastic, a team player, willing to learn and like to have fun, they’ll fit right in!
As a dynamic, ambitious business we have every function that you’d expect within our office based in Castle Donington, so if you’re looking to develop your career in a fast moving company and to contribute to the success of our business, read on.
Logistics is critical to everything we do and we aim to provide a high quality, responsive service to our internal and external customers.
A Tailor-Made opportunity
We are looking for an Operations Manager to join our logistics team based at our Logistics Centre in Long Eaton for a 6 month contract.
In this role you will be responsible for the maintenance and auditing of our existing standards along with implementation of procedures required for accreditation to relevant new standards.
You will be responsible for promoting all aspects of these standards to the users, suppliers, and customers along with developing a culture of “continuous improvement”.
You will be responsible for the following key aspects:
· Working alongside the Senior Operations Manager Compliance/Process Improvement
- Developing the ISO standards for the benefit of the company
- Control of the Internal Audit Programme
- Execution of Internal Audits
- Partaking in annual “Management Reviews” as required by each standard
- Attending and documenting localised forum’s (27001)
- Administering document changes and revision control.
- Promotion of “Continuous Improvement” techniques
· Ideally from a Quality Systems Management background with auditing experience. You will need to have the ability to conduct audits and be able to create executive level summary reports on the status of the standards and able to present these subjects at a senior level.
· An understanding of ISO standards and lean six sigma management techniques is key to this role.
· Good planning and organisation are key skills for the role and you will be required to be a strong and creative administrator and have the ability to communicate at all levels both inside and outside the company.
· IT literacy to a good standard in the main Microsoft packages will be required.
· Some travelling is a key element of this role as you will be expected to cover multiple sites throughout the business.
How we measure up?
As part of our continuing drive to put the customer at the heart of everything we do and to build a better working environment for our teams, within our modern, open plan offices, we have created collaborative working spaces and informal meeting zones.
With a continually evolving Corporate Responsibility policy and links to local and national charities, we take a positive approach to supporting those around us through a programme of events organised by our very active social committee.
Your introduction to us starts with a role-specific induction programme following continual support from our in-house learning and development function so that you can make full use of our training courses, L&D library and interactive e-learning platform.
Benefits to Suit You
As part of our team, we hope you will discover that the pursuit of excellence is a rewarding aspect of your career with us. We recognise your individual contribution and offer you the following benefits:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday entitlement that increases with length of service
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Agile Working Policy
- Employee assistance programme
- Healthcare scheme options
- Life assurance
- Discretionary employee reward scheme
- Long service award scheme
- Individual subscription to a relevant professional organisations
- Cycle to work scheme
- Government Childcare vouchers
- Onsite free car parking
- Onsite kitchen facilities