Online Marketplace Manager
Posted: September 2021
Salary: Competitive salary
Closing Date: 12th October 2021
Alexandra is the market-leading provider of workwear in the UK with a 160-year history and Royal Warrant. The business is both enjoying and focused on further strong growth in both domestic and international markets. At Alexandra you will be part of Mi-Hub Group with our sister brands, Dimensions, Yaffy and Twin Hill.
Alexandra is on a journey to become a digitally first business across both B2C & B2B and is investing heavily to achieve this - both across the UK and internationally.
In a critical role for our business, the Online Marketplace Manager, you will be responsible for managing and growing Alexandra’s digital marketplace across UK and internationally, managing marketplace channel P&Ls and delivering revenue growth targets.
As part of the eCommerce leadership team you will set the strategy, direction and priorities for growing and optimising channel performance across Amazon, eBay and other potential marketplaces, as well as digital resellers – working with and leveraging other group functions to deliver and grow the digital marketplace channels.
This is a pivotal role within the business to drive revenue growth of £2m over the next 1-3 years, so you will need to collaborate and influence business stakeholders to drive the growth.
On a day to day basis, you can expect your role to include:
- P&L & revenue responsibility for digital marketplace and digital sales channels including Amazon, eBay and digital resellers
- Strategy, priorities and growth plans – including new marketplace opportunities across UK and internationally
- Managing, growing and optimising existing digital reseller channels including Amazon UK and eBay.
- Revenue and stock forecasting and reporting across all marketplace sales channels
- Delivery and optimisation of operating model for digital marketplace and indirect channels through in-house and 3rd party teams
- Building and strengthening Alexandra’s in-house capabilities, skills and knowledge relating to digital marketplace sales channels
- Lead all digital marketing activity and spend to support channel growth and sales performance working with in-house teams/external agencies as required
What you need to know about us:
- You will be working within the best team!
Our entire Alexandra team are a welcoming, friendly and supportive group who are passionate and dedicated.
- You will be given full support and training to thrive.
You will be supported at desk and through corporate-led training programs as well as ongoing training and development as part of our inclusive Learning & Development culture.
- Agile-Hybrid working and Flexibility around start and finish time.
We are open to accommodate a working pattern that suits you within our 37.5hour working week, working from home 2-3 days per week.
- We are the market leader in our field!
We are really good at what we do, we are well respected in our Industry and need great people to work with us to continue to deliver that fantastic work.
What we need to know about you:
- You will be an experienced ecommerce and digital marketing professional with a background in, and broad experience of, growing and managing ecommerce channels for a minimum of 5 years
- You will have specific experience of developing and running digital marketplace channels, in particular Amazon and eBay with a minimum of 2 years’ experience either client or agency side
- B2C and/or B2B ecommerce experience across direct and/or indirect channels including product/category ranging, pricing, digital performance marketing, onsite merchandising, as well as fulfilment and operational running of ecommerce channels
- Commercially focused - understanding how to use data and insights to drive and commercial and business growth, whilst delivering an optimal customer experience and digital proposition through marketplace and indirect channels
- Strong communication skills as you’ll take the lead for developing and managing these channels, providing recommendations and reporting up to board and ELT level.
- A self-starter, good communicator and able to be the go-to person for all things marketplaces and digital indirect channel related
- Strong decision making and ownership taking skills
- We have a large, open plan office based in Thornbury with plenty of amenities around us. We also have our Head Office at Castle Donington, providing a Midlands Hub should you ever need a base. You can expect to travel between the offices infrequently to attend relevant meetings if required.
- We offer flexible and agile working allowing you to work from home up to 3 days a week on a working pattern that suits your start and finish time.
- We take huge pride in our CSR policy and our impact on the environment with multiple initiatives to minimise the impact on our planet.
- We provide you with all the tools you need to do your job; laptop, 2 screens, headset etc
- We take holidays really seriously and offer 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays to be able to have that time doing whatever you love outside of work.
- We offer subsidised Vitality Health Insurance for you and your loved ones.
- We also support you on a day to day basis with access to an Employee Assistance Programme covering mental health, well-being, financial and legal support.
- We have a vibrant and busy social calendar driven by our desire to raise funds for local and national charities, supporting a number each year
- We also look after your loved ones with a 3x death in service life insurance scheme should the worst happen in your employment with us.
- We offer career progression and actively encourage the internal progression of our employees to new positions.
- We love celebrating long service and are proud to have member of our team celebrate their milestone anniversaries with us.