Posted: April 2019
Location: Castle Donington
Salary: competitive salary
Closing Date: 7th May 2019
You may not have heard of us but you have seen ourwork. MWUK clothes over 13% of the UK working population which makes us number one in our market. Trading as Dimensions we work with many of the UK’s largest organisations to design and deliver their uniforms. Our Alexandra brand provides an extensive range of catalogue clothing for sectors including healthcare and hospitality.
IT is critical to everything we do and we aim to provide a high quality, responsive service to our internal customers.
The Network/System Administrator role is to configure, support and maintain the Company’s IT Systems, including server/client systems, network infrastructure and backups. This will involve working very closely with colleagues on the Service Desk, the Business Systems and Web Development teams within the IT function.
- Management, monitoring and support of server and network systems, including
o Microsoft Active Directory domain
o DNS, DHCP and Group Policy
o Microsoft Exchange 2016 e-mail platform
o Mobile Devices
o Mitel IP based telephony system
o LAN and WAN infrastructure including troubleshooting and rectification of network problems
o Terminal servers
o Anti-Virus and patch management
- Build, test and deployment of physical and virtual server systems.
- Managing and maintaining all client systems, using automated tools and scripts where appropriate. This includes fixed and mobile phone handsets.
- Testing and applying client, server and system security and update patches.
- IT system health, performance and capacity reporting.
- Maintain accurate records of IT hardware and software assets including licensing counts (Microsoft and other vendors).
- Management of system documentation library and ensuring it is kept up to date.
- Managing backups and ensuring backup policy is adhered to.
- Provide second-line support to the fault and request helpdesk. Including support for users at remote sites and users working from home using SSL VPN.
Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Client\Sever domain network environment, including:
- Managing and building Microsoft client systems (Windows 7, 7 embedded, 10) using automated tools
- Windows Server 2003/2008/20122016 operating systems
- AD, Group Policy, DNS and DHCP
- Microsoft Exchange server 2010 or above
- Remote and onsite support experience
Knowledge of the following would be desirable:
- Firewalls and SSL
- WLAN management and configuration
- Mitel IP Office phone systems (or other IP based telephony)
- Disk storage systems, DAS, NAS and SAN
- Microsoft Office 365
- Azure/AWS storage and cloud services
You should have good working knowledge of
- Virtual Servers (Microsoft Hyper-V) Citrix XenServer (Presentation Server)Server backups and backup methodology
It would also be preferred if you had the following:
- Microsoft Certification (MSCE or MCSA paths)
- Qualification or knowledge of ITIL
- 2 years practical experience of client and server support