Posted: January 2019
Location: Castle Donington
Closing Date: 8th February 2019
You may not have heard of us but you have seen our work. MWUK clothes over 13% of the UK working population, which makes us number one in our market. Trading as Dimensions, we work with many of the UK’s largest organisations to design and deliver their uniforms. Our Alexandra brand provides an extensive range of catalogue clothing for sectors including healthcare and hospitality. IT is critical to everything we do and we aim to provide a high quality, responsive service to our internal customers.
We are seeking to recruit a Network Engineer to join us in a newly created role.
As a member of the IT Infrastructure team your role will be to assist in the design and delivery of the organisation’s IT infrastructure services, their on-going management and improvements and to assist the organisation deliver its goals by providing quality IT systems and services.
As one of the senior technical roles in the infrastructure team, this will involve working very closely with colleagues on the Service Desk, the Business Systems and Web Development teams within the IT function to deliver services and systems.
- Assist the Head of Infrastructure Services to design and implement systems, solutions and services.
- Work closely with the Business Systems and Software Development IT teams to deliver end-to-end solutions to our internal and external customers.
- Management and reporting of the network systems.
- You must have proven network support and project experience in the implementation and security of firewalls, network load balancers and wired/wireless infrastructure.
- Manage 3rd parties in an implementation capacity
- Ensure network diagrams, asset and audit documentation libraries are current.
- Creation of documentation, guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Provide support to the Service Desk team, including support for network infrastructure and users at remote sites and users working from home using SSL VPN.
- Provide 3rd line Infrastructure for all IT network and communications infrastructure.
- Management, monitoring and support of network systems, including
- LAN / WAN / WLAN
- MPLS, LAN
- Extension and site-to-site VPN technologies
- Troubleshooting and rectification of network problems
- SIP trunks and traffic prioritisation over LAN and WAN
- Cisco and HP switches and routers
You will have proven and relevant work experience in a Senior Network Engineer role and excellent knowledge and experience of designing, implementing and managing Cisco and HP switches and routers.
You will have good working knowledge of
Meraki Wireless Access Points
Telecoms supplier management
Data Centre infrastructure and best practice.
Storage system connectivity (fibre interconnects)
Cisco/HP networking certification
You will have hands on experience of installation and maintenance of hardware in data centre environments. You will have excellent
analytical and problem solving skills and enjoy working as part of a team.
You will need to be a strong team player and able to work as part of a wider team, collaborating across departments on initiatives but also able to work on your own, managing multiple projects.
You will be hands on in your approach and able to look at issues from both a strategic levels and at a practical levels, not afraid to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in.
You will have the ability to influence and shape the future of our IT functions and we value your input drawing on previous experience and knowledge to assist us in the development of a world class IT department.
As an employer, Dimensions offer a fantastic place to work; in addition to great facilities at our Castle Donington offices, we have free parking available on site, a full range of benefits available for you to access including pension and we offer a competitive salary.