Posted: October 2018
Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: Castle Donington
Closing Date: 23rd October 2018
You may not have heard of us but you have seen our work. MWUK clothes over 13% of the UK working population, which makes us number one in our market. Trading as Dimensions, we work with many of the UK’s largest organisations to design and deliver their uniforms. Our Alexandra brand provides an extensive range of catalogue clothing for sectors including healthcare and hospitality. It is critical to everything we do and we aim to provide a high quality, responsive service to our internal customers.
As a member of the IT Infrastructure team your role will be to assist in the design and delivery of the organisation’s IT infrastructure services, their on-going management and improvements and to assist the organisation deliver its goals by providing quality IT systems and services.
As one of the senior technical roles in the infrastructure team, this will involve working very closely with colleagues on the Service Desk, the Business Systems and Web Development teams within the IT function to deliver services and systems.
• Assist the Head of Infrastructure Services to design and implement systems, solutions and services.
• Work closely with the Business Systems and Software Development IT teams to deliver end-to-end solutions to our internal and external customers.
• Management and reporting of the network and server systems.
• IT system health, performance and capacity reporting.
• Ensure system, asset and audit documentation libraries are current.
• Creation of documentation, guidelines, policies and procedures.
• Provide support to the Service Desk team, including support for users at remote sites and users working from home using SSL VPN.
• Provide 3rd line Infrastructure for all IT systems and teams.
• Management, monitoring and support of server and network systems, including
- Windows Server systems
- Active Directory Domain Services
- Exchange and O365
- Virtualisation technologies (particularly Hyper-V)
- LAN and WAN infrastructure including troubleshooting and rectification of network problems
- Microsoft RDS terminal servers
- Cisco UCS blade chassis and Netapp Storage
Skills, abilities and experience:
Proven and relevant working experience in a Senior Systems Engineer or similar role.
Excellent knowledge and experience of designing, implementing and managing Microsoft Windows 2008/2012 domains and services (AD, DHCP,DNS, DFS etc).
Excellent knowledge of, and experience of, server virtualisation platforms (Hyper-V).
Good working knowledge of
- Citrix or Microsoft application and desktop delivery solutions
- Server backup tools & methodology
- Microsoft Exchange 2010 / 2013
- E-mail, Web and endpoint protection systems and Anti-Virus
- Data Centre infrastructure and best practice.
- Storage systems, DAS, NAS and SAN
Strong team working and mentoring skills
Hands on experience of installation and maintenance of client\server hardware in data centre environments.
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills·
Microsoft Technical Training and Certification (MCSE or equivalent evidenced experience)
Cisco/HP networking certification
ITIL framework knowledge or qualification(s)
Knowledge of IT Security Principles (ISO27001 InfoSec or other).
Good working knowledge of
- Cisco / Juniper Firewalls and SSL VPN
- WLAN management and configuration
- Cisco UCS Flexpod
- SQL server management
Client OS build and deployment
Experience of cloud based hosting (eg Azure, EWS)
IP Telephony knowledge (Mitel, Cisco, Avaya or Siemens)
Understanding of PRINCE2 (or other) project methodology.