HR Business Partner
Posted: March 2019
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: Negotiable dependent upon experience
Closing Date: 1st April 2019
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) role provides strategic partnering to MWUK Ltd, Alexandra business unit based at Thornbury. Additional travel to other sites on a bi-weekly basis will be required. It is anticipated that the HRBP will become integrated as a member of the management team of the internal client. The HR Team has the support of one HR Administrator.
The HRBP manages the people management related agenda with the internal client, sharing responsibility with those teams for the effective delivery of goals and objectives.
The HRBP identifies and prepares development plans for the key employees and high potential employees. Working alongside the management teams, the HRBP will help to identify employees ready for promotion, be responsible for all aspects of people management and act as a facilitator for the management teams.
1) HR Plan
• Work with the HR Director to ensure that the HR Plan is reviewed annually, and that the plan supports the Internal client business plans and objectives;
• Take responsibility for some agreed elements of the HR Plan, and ensure that they are achieved to agreed timescales, this may include projects such as: implementation of new HR System, Review of templates, policies and procedures;
• Prepare regular, and ad-hoc, management information reports to support management activity.
2) Client Relationships
• Build a strong business relationship with the internal client;
• Support the delivery of HR Processes at the client’s side;
• Acts as a single point of contact for the employees and managers in the business unit.
3) Performance Management
• Develop, support and maintain a performance management culture by advising and guiding managers on performance management, redundancy and capability related casework;
• Design succession plans for key talents and key job positions;
• Act as performance management driver and provoke positive changes in people management by supporting and coaching managers;
• Identify gaps, purpose and implement change necessary to cover risks;
• Advise managers on disciplinary and grievance issues, including assisting with disciplinary investigations, hearings and Appeals/Tribunals;
• Lead on all casework regarding sickness and sickness absences, providing advice and support to managers in case review meetings and progressing as necessary.
• Manage all recruitment from initial identification of the opportunity, through to offer including advising managers on suitable recruitment methods, development of job descriptions including competency framework, person specifications, appropriate salary benchmarking, selection processes and participating in interviews/selection processes;
• Delegation to HR Administrator for elements of recruitment processes, where appropriate;
• Manage relationships with third-party recruitment providers, negotiating where appropriate.
5) Employee Liaison/Relations
• Act as first point of contact for all employee requests and queries such as new parent and flexible working requests and managing the process through to decision.
• Keep up-to-date with developments in employment legislation and HR best practice, knowledge sharing with team to ensure continuous development and improvement in services;
• Produce accurate and complex contractual documentation, policies, procedures, handbooks, communications and correspondence;
• Manage organisational change cases including redundancy and settlement agreements, liaising with ACAS as appropriate.
7) Employee Learning & Development
• Working with the Learning & Development Manager to support and assist with the delivery of in-house training, including ensuring the appropriate Induction processes are delivered to all new employees.
• Utilising the HR systems, and working with the HR Administrator to ensure that administration is up-to-date and effective;
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of all HR Processes to ensure that efficiency and simplicity is core.
9) HR Budget
• Contribute to the annual budget, anticipating needs and expectations for business units.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
• CIPD Qualified
• Experience as a generalist HR Officer/ Senior Adviser
• Demonstrable experience of producing accurate and complex documentation
• Experience of extracting, collating and presenting statistical information
• Excellent planning and co-ordination skills
• Good working knowledge of IT systems
• Ability to deal sensitively and appropriately with confidential matters
• Willingness to work flexibly and provide cover and support
• Travel in the UK is expected as part of this role and a full driving licence is desirable
• HR Systems experience