Posted: January 2019
Location: Castle Donington
Salary: competitive salary
Closing Date: 11th February 2019
Dimensions are the UK’s leading supplier of bespoke corporate clothing, offering a stable organisation which is steeped in knowledge and expertise for delivering successful clothing programme for people at work.
You may not have heard of us but you have seen our work. MWUK clothes over 13% of the UK working population, which makes us number one in our market. Trading as Dimensions, we work with many of the UK’s largest organisations to design and deliver their uniforms. Our Alexandra brand provides an extensive range of catalogue clothing for sectors including healthcare and hospitality. HR is critical to everything we do and we aim to provide a high quality, responsive service to our internal customers and our employees.
We are recruiting for a HR Advisor on a 6 month contract to join our HR, Recruitment and Learning & Development team to continue to provide approachable, responsive and accurate information to our Managers and Employees across our entire business.
This is a role ideally to start in March 2019 or sooner.
Reporting to the HR Director but on a day-to-day basis to the HR Business Partners, you will provide HR advisory support for the MWUK Ltd businesses across all sites. Operating as an HR generalist you will support the implementation of all HR policies and procedures in-line with business and legislative requirements. You will be responsible for providing advice and support to HR Business Partners and business managers on absence and health issues, conduct and capability, grievance matters, organisational change and the range of employment and employee relations matters. You will also provide some administrative support, managing the administration processes and providing guidance for the HR Administrator.
Qualifications, skills and abilities:
- Supporting a performance management culture by advising and guiding managers on performance management and capability related casework;
- Advising on disciplinary and grievance issues including assisting with disciplinary investigations and hearings up to final written warning stage;
- Providing support to HR Business Partners by taking responsibility for notes and minutes from hearings up to dismissal stage, and Appeals;
- Managing casework relating to sickness absence, providing advice and support to managers in sick absence and capability case review meetings;
- Supporting the HR Business Partners with the development of job descriptions, person specifications and appropriate salary benchmarking;
- Working with the HR Business Partners to support the annual review process, including budgeting and the preparation of documentation including letters;
- Supporting the HR Business Partners with new parent and flexible working requests;
- Working with the HR Administrator to ensure the HR database is maintained and kept up to date;
- Preparing regular and ad-hoc management information reports to support management activity;
- Working with the wider HR Team to ensure effective HR administration and processes, with a continuous improvement agenda;
- Working with the wider HR Team, providing support and back up as necessary;
- To propose and develop policy and guideline documentation, in accordance with legislation or corporate policy amendments;
- To keep up to date with developments in employment legislation and human resources best practice, knowledge sharing within the team to ensure continuous development and improvement in the service offered.
You will be an experienced HR Advisor who is passionate and dedicated to delivering excellent advice and service to your stakeholders. You will take a customer focused approach and be welcoming and friendly to anyone who comes into the HR office looking for help or support. You will be commercially focussed and be able to balance the needs and concerns of the employee with the interests of the business.
You will have excellent communication skills and be a highly organised individual who is able to juggle and balance multiple issues pulling you in all direction.
Although working within an experienced team, you will need the confidence to work independently and if necessary travel to our other division to support them. You really will be a major part of the HR team and sharing updates and developments with your colleagues is key to seamless service to our stakeholders and employees.
Being CIPD qualified would be desirable to give you a solid grounding of knowledge but a relevant degree, experience or working towards your CIPD would also be considered.
And most importantly, you must have a good sense of humour and have the ability to laugh at the unbelievable and the ridiculous!
As an employer, Dimensions offer a fantastic place to work; in addition to great facilities at our Castle Donington offices, we have free parking available on site, a full range of benefits available for you to access including pension and we offer a competitive salary.
For this particular role, we are able to consider either a full time contract or a part time contract of 28-30 hours per week and can be flexible on working hours across the week to suit you.