Posted: April 2019
Salary: competitive salary
Closing Date: 13th May 2019
Alexandra is the market leading provider of work wear in the UK with a 160 year history and Royal Warrant. The business is both enjoying and focused on further strong growth in both domestic and international markets. At Alexandra you will be part of Tailored Brands Corporate Workwear Division with our sister brands, Dimensions, Yaffy and Twin Hill.
We are looking to add a talented and passionate Graphic Designer to assist in the delivery of a range of print and digital artwork projects and campaigns as directed by the Graphic Design Manager.
· Creation and output of a wide range of creative artwork for print, digital, email and video formats including: catalogues, brochures , leaflets, business stationery, sales and exhibition collateral, adverts, promotional material and website graphics, PowerPoint presentations, reports and proposals, Order forms, internal communications, website banners and landing pages, HTML emails, affiliate and DSP banners, online editorial features and content, newsletters, social media, page-turners, price lists, video and blogs as assigned by Graphic Design Manager
· Share knowledge and skills within the team in order to offer best service to the company and each other
· Manage personal workload efficiently to maintain given deadlines and raise any workload/resource issues with line manager
· Develop and maintain excellent relationships with all other departments in support of a collaborative, respectful and supportive working culture
· Understand and protect brand guidelines wherever possible
· Assist in proofing, testing, outputting PDF’s, creating dummies manipulating and editing images and scamps as required
· Record timesheets accurately and archive/back-up work correctly
Qualifications, skills and abilities:
You will have a background in graphic or digital design with either further or higher education qualification in this area.
You will have gained some experience of working in a busy commercial studio or agency and have gain practical experience of digital, web or email artwork. You will have a passion for design and branding and be able to work closely with the team to create and develop ideas in a collaborative way. You must be able to interpret a brief, question it, present new and different ideas but work very closely to ensure the graphic brief is completed.
You will have a good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Microsoft Dreamweaver, Flash, HTML,
CSS etc. You will also be aware of new and developing technologies and techniques within the creative industry. Proven experience of layout and typograph skills would be an advantage.
You will be able to work quickly and efficiently to produce work to match the brief given as well as deadline set. This is a fast paced department and we need people who can meet those deadline without compromising on the quality of your work.
You will take responsibility for quality of output, attention to detail, and have a strong personal work ethic to always to the best job you can; you will have a willing, positive, can-do attitude and you will be adaptable to changing business needs and be flexible when team is under pressure
Not only are we a market leading organisation but we are one that is constantly adapting and developing and our business aesthetic is a big part of that. We need creative and talented individuals within out digital team to constantly evolve and develop new and fresh ideas to keep our business at the forefront of our market.
We offer a fantastic place to work within modern offices, free parking, competitive salary and 25 days holiday. We also offer loads of other benefits when working for us including loads of social and charitable days which are organised by our social committee providing a really diverse and engaging place to develop your