Ethical Compliance Officer
Posted: July 2022
Location: Castle Donington
Salary: Starting at £28,000.00
Closing Date: 23rd August 2022
The person will be responsible for supporting our membership of various Ethical Trade memberships. They will support the Ethical Compliance manager in delivering the social compliance performance in line with the Company’s Code of Conduct and specific customer requirements across the global and UK supply base in accordance with our strategic plan. They will be responsible with the overall running of all the reporting business systems including Sedex, Rizepoint and Aruvio.
The person will provide support to the Ethical Compliance Manager in delivering the 5 year strategic plan in the following areas:
· Modern Slavery
· Driving environmental issues
· Support the CSR initiatives within the CREATE strategic plan
The person may also be required undertake factory visits across the global supply chain when it becomes necessary to do so.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To work closely with the factory base to support the close down of Non Conformances in line with a time and action calendar
- Have the responsibility to compile and issue reports to the management teams that detail areas of concern or risk
- Audit the UK supply base and undertake some offshore visits when requested
- Represent the business within the Ethical Trading Initiative, attending any relevant meetings that will be of benefit to the overall strategic plan
- Compile and review any reports required by our customers
- Compile and issue management information on all aspects of CSR
- Liaise directly with our customers on any ethical trade questions.
- Work within the group Ethical Trade budget
- Monitor and develop a risk based system, ensuring a method of scoring is maintained
- Provide key input and reporting within the CREATE strategic plan
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Good communication skills and to be able to present CSR programs and deliver training programs to managers and employees to support compliance objectives
- Education to A level standard, graduate or equivalent
- At least 2 years in the industry in either compliance or a CSR position
- The ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- A high degree of accuracy is essential, with excellent IT and spreadsheet skills (Microsoft Office Package)
- Clerical and administrative skills
- Self-motivation and the drive and ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A high degree of accuracy with excellent IT and Spreadsheet skills
- Passion and empathy for people and supply chain working environment
Life Working at Mi Hub
- We have a large, open plan office based in Castle Donington with plenty of amenities around us.
- We have a flexible working and agile working policy allowing you the ability to tweak your working day.
- We take huge pride in our CSR policy and our impact on the environment with multiple initiatives to minimise the impact on our planet.
- We take holidays really seriously and offer 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays to be able to have that time doing whatever you love outside of work.
- We also support you on a day-to-day basis with access to an Employee Assistance Programme covering mental health, well-being, financial and legal support.
- We have a vibrant and busy social calendar driven by our desire to raise funds for local and national charities, supporting a number each year
- We also look after your loved ones with a 3x death in service life insurance scheme should the worst happen in your employment with us.
- We love celebrating long service and are proud to have member of our team celebrate their milestone anniversaries with us.
- Hybrid working available