Posted: August 2020
Salary: Competitive salary
Closing Date: 9th September 2020
Alexandra has been designing andmanufacturing garments since 1854 are now the leading provider of modern protective workwear and suiting for just about every sector and business in the UK.
Alexandra has remained true to our core principles - quality, good design and reliable service. The award of The Royal Warrant is testament to our continued commitment to workwear development, at the very highest level.
At Alexandra, we place the customer at the heart of everything we do and look for passion and enthusiasm be a brand ambassador for our business.
As a dynamic, ambitious business we have every function that you’d expect within our offices based across the UK, so if you’re looking to develop your career in a fast-moving company and to contribute to the success of our business, read on.
A Tailor-Made Opportunity
We are looking for an E-Commerce Manager based at our Thornbury office. As a brand new role to our team, we are looking to invest in this role to develop and deliver the strategy to grow our e-commerce business in the UK and Internationally.
We have a great track-record of supporting our customers, providing high quality garments with exceptional customer service but now it is time to expand those channels and explore ways to improve existing channels and discover new ones.
We are looking for someone who wants to immerse themselves in the workwear world and really understand what motivates our customers, what their employees feel wearing one of our uniforms and how that can impact a business to achieve their own corporate goals.
We need you to bring our products to life and connect with our customer; we are selling a uniform that can help employees feel proud and empowered of the business they work for.
You will bring great insight to the wider team and through a suite of reporting and analysis, provide us with accessible data to demonstrate performance and showcase what we have achieved as a business.
We are looking for strong leadership and someone that can instil that same sense of passion and drive within our existing team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· Develop and deliver and strategy to manage all Ecommerce channels and grow ecommerce business in the UK and global areas.
· Work closely with the sales and marketing teams to ensure all Ecommerce activities are aligned with the wider sales strategy and activities.
· Acquire new ecommerce customers including wholesale key accounts, controlled platforms and marketplaces through Ecommerce activities, ensuring channel and market are aligned at all times.
· Build and maintain strong relationships with all Ecommerce partners, build joint business plans and range strategies to ensure long term partnerships and that we grow the business together.
· Hold regular business reviews with partners to discuss performance and ensure joint targets are met, providing clear direction and feedback. Acting as the driving force to deliver on our plans.
· Liaise with partners on any marketing campaigns to increase brand awareness. Influencing internal and external stakeholders where appropriate.
· Analyse performance across all channels, identify areas of improvement and action any opportunities to drive growth and exceed budget.
· Work closely with UK and European teams influencing others to ensure all retailer opportunities are maximized from an ecommerce perspective.
· Lead and line manage a small team. Providing clear direction in line with the strategy, developing the potential and skills of your team.
· A dynamic E-commerce expert with a breadth of experience within a B2B environment.
· Outstanding communication and influencing skills, with high level presentation and public speaking skills – the ability to excite and motivate customers and colleagues alike.
· An understanding of our market, our competitors and our clients would be highly advantageous.
· You will be someone who is passionate and driven to achieve, you will use your initiative and be able to work independently, working towards the business objectives.
· You will come from a Sales and Business development background and have an empathy for the customer but with a commercial edge. You will build excellent relationships with our customers, negotiate deals which are mutually beneficial and ultimately win business!
· You will be a strong leader, able to empower your team and bring out the best in them; identify their strong points and help develop them to be the best they can be.
· Work collaboratively with your team and the wider business, improve what exists and implement new ideas and concept to increase effectiveness and efficiencies.
· A university level qualification (or equivalent) within business and/or marketing will underpin the experience you have subsequently gained in your career to date.
How we measure up?
As part of our continuing drive to put the customer at the heart of everything we do and to build a better working environment for our teams, within our modern, open plan offices, we have created collaborative working spaces and informal meeting zones.
With a continually evolving Corporate Responsibility policy and links to local and national charities, we take a positive approach to supporting those around us through a programme of events organised by our very active social committee.
Your introduction to Alexandra starts with a role-specific induction programme following continual support from our in-house learning and development function so that you can make full use of our training courses, L&D library and interactive e-learning platform.
We have been incredibly proud to support the NHS and all our customers over the COVID-19 pandemic, rapidly changing our business to support and provide uniforms and PPE to our customers whilst keeping our employees safe. We have embraced new ways of working and continued to work effectively providing our customers with the very best level of service at such a difficult time for everyone involved.
Benefits to Suit You
As part of our team, we hope you will discover that the pursuit of excellence is a rewarding aspect of your career at Alexandra. We recognise your individual contribution and offer you the following benefits:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday entitlement that increases with length of service
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Agile Working Policy
- Employee assistance programme
- Healthcare scheme options
- Life assurance
- Long service award scheme
- Individual subscription to a relevant professional organisations
- Cycle to work scheme
- Onsite free car parking
- Onsite breakout space, free tea and coffee and small kitchen area.