Digital UX/UI Designer
Posted: September 2021
Salary: Competitive salary
Closing Date: 12th October 2021
Alexandra is the market-leading provider of workwear in the UK with a 160-year history and Royal Warrant. The business is both enjoying and focused on further strong growth in both domestic and international markets. At Alexandra you will be part of Mi-Hub Group with our sister brands, Dimensions, Yaffy and Twin Hill.
Alexandra is on a journey to become a digitally first business across both B2C & B2B and is investing heavily to achieve this - both across the UK and internationally.
As the Digital UX/UI Designer, you will combine UX and visual design best practice to deliver user journey, user experience and CRO improvements across the Alexandra website and across devices.
As the first dedicated in-house digital UX/UI designer you will have the opportunity to build the function and demonstrate the value and importance of UX/UI digital design in driving digital adoption and growth across the Mi-Hub Group.
You will have a real passion, flair and commitment to delivering outstanding user centred and creative work for our website and digital channels, combined with UX design best practice. You will have the necessary skills and experience to successfully present your vision across the business, taking your designs from concept to completion. Championing the user experience you will demonstrate the importance and role of UX design in driving both user and business outcomes, helping to increase the ROI from
Alexandra’s (and the wider Mi-Hub Group) digital investment.
On a day to day basis, your role has 2 key focus areas:
Producing UX & Visual Designs
- Using web analytics, user testing, session videos, heat maps and customer feedback to identify user issues and pain points, adopting user centred approaches to then fix these based on insight and best practice UX & UI design frameworks and standards
- Lead the identification and creation of user centred, original, appropriate and attractive digital UX design solutions
- Work with the Digital Product Owner and digital delivery teams (both in-house and 3rd party) to produce ideas, concepts, designs and assets
- Understand development principles to make sure your designs are achievable within timelines and on the Alexandra website platform (Magento)
- Working closely with the Digital Product Owner, digital IT delivery team and external delivery partner to plan, manage and implement UX & UI designs to support backlog items and user stories.
- Take a proactive role in identifying and resolving UX & UI design improvements across Alexandra website, digital channels and campaigns
What you need to know about us:
- You will be working within the best team!
Our entire Alexandra team are a welcoming, friendly and supportive group who are passionate and dedicated. As part of a new Digital team, you will be able to build a team culture and set the tone for the dynamics of the Digital team.
- You will be given full support and training to thrive.
You will be supported at desk and through corporate-led training programs as well as ongoing training and development as part of our inclusive Learning & Development culture.
- Agile-Hybrid working and Flexibility around start and finish time.
We are open to accommodate a working pattern that suits you within our 37.5hour working week, working from home 2-3 days per week.
- We are the market leader in our field!
We are really good at what we do, we are well respected in our Industry and need great people to work with us to continue to deliver that fantastic work.
What we need to know about you:
- You will have 3 years + UX design experience in producing wireframes, user journeys and components and high quality visual designs across digital channels
- You will have a breadth of experience across interaction design, visual/graphic design, information architecture, facilitation, prototyping, designing for web and app, responsive/adaptive design principles
- You will have a portfolio showcasing previous UX & UI work across both desktop & mobile experiences
- Experience either agency or client side working with B2C/B2B ecommerce organisations
- You will be passionate and confident to champion the digital user and customer across the organisation, helping the business understand the importance of UX design
- Fluent in Photoshop, Abode or other UX/UI design software
- You will be a self-starter with excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task, you will have the ability to work and collaborate across a small team, as well as communicate effectively across wider teams and function
- Highly flexible, positive and resilient with the ability to be innovative and collaborate
- We have a large, open plan office based in Thornbury with plenty of amenities around us. We also have our Head Office at Castle Donington, providing a Midlands Hub should you ever need a base. You can expect to travel between the offices infrequently to attend relevant meetings if required.
- We offer flexible and agile working allowing you to work from home up to 3 days a week on a working pattern that suits your start and finish time.
- We take huge pride in our CSR policy and our impact on the environment with multiple initiatives to minimise the impact on our planet
- We provide you with all the tools you need to do your job; laptop, 2 screens, headset etc
- We take holidays really seriously and offer 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays to be able to have that time doing whatever you love outside of work.
- We offer subsidised Vitality Health Insurance for you and your loved ones.
- We also support you on a day to day basis with access to an Employee Assistance Programme covering mental health, well-being, financial and legal support.
- We have a vibrant and busy social calendar driven by our desire to raise funds for local and national charities, supporting a number each year
- We also look after your loved ones with a 3x death in service life insurance scheme should the worst happen in your employment with us.
- We offer career progression and actively encourage the internal progression of our employees to new positions
- We love celebrating long service and are proud to have member of our team celebrate their milestone anniversaries with us.