Digital Performance Marketing Lead
Posted: September 2021
Salary: Competitive salary
Closing Date: 11th October 2021
Alexandra is the market-leading provider of workwear in the UK with a 160-year history and Royal Warrant. The business is both enjoying and focused on further strong growth in
both domestic and international markets. At Alexandra you will be part of Mi-Hub Group with our sister brands, Dimensions, Yaffy and Twin Hill.
Alexandra is on a journey to become a digitally first business across both B2C & B2B and is investing heavily to achieve this - both across the UK and internationally.
As Digital Performance Marketing Lead you will have the autonomy to set the strategy and priorities across all digital performance channels (SEO, paid search, affiliates, display, & paid social) leading on all activity to improve Alexandra’s digital performance marketing channels.
You will champion the importance of ongoing investment in paid and organic digital performance channels helping to build knowledge and capabilities within the organisation whilst also managing agency partners where appropriate. You will be a proven digital performance marketing professional who can bring fresh ideas and industry best practices to get the most from digital performance marketing activity and investment across Alexandra.
You will also lead the development of the digital performance marketing function, building and strengthening capabilities and performance, and demonstrating its value and
importance in driving growth.
On a day to day basis, you can expect your role to include:
- Creating and driving long term strategic growth from digital performance marketing channels including organic search/SEO, paid search, affiliates, display and paid social to achieve ecommerce sales and traffic targets
- Define, plan and implement for each performance marketing channel the strategy, optimisation activity, budget allocation, KPI’s and performance forecasts and reporting
- Providing in depth reporting, analysis, and insight to relevant stakeholders, highlighting the commentary behind actual and forecasted performance, and providing insight on any variances
- Initiate and lead the creation of weekly, monthly and quarterly digital performance marketing channel dashboards and reporting to aid optimisation
- Managing the paid search accounts to ensure campaigns are planned, executed and optimised in line with business strategy and priorities, and managing a six-figure media budget, maximizing, reporting and forecasting on the return on investment.
- Liaising with key search engines and other partners to identify, explore and test new opportunities within the paid search landscape and ensure the business is at the forefront of paid search innovation (eg audience targeting, new platforms, competitor insight, search engine features etc.)
- You will be responsible for continuous ad-copy testing, leveraging the available formats and testing tools across Google and Bing, together with landing page testing working with internal & external teams to run AB tests to improve conversion
- You will define, manage and implement an ongoing programme of organic search & SEO improvements and optimisation activity both onsite and offsite working with both in-house teams (eg digital content executive) and agencies – leveraging technical, content and link building levers to improve performance – with initial focus on the UK but expanding internationally over the next 1-2 years.
What you need to know about us:
- You will be working within the best team!
Our entire Alexandra team are a welcoming, friendly and supportive group who are passionate and dedicated.
- You will be given full support and training to thrive.
You will be supported at desk and through corporate-led training programs as well as ongoing training and development as part of our inclusive Learning & Development culture.
- Agile-Hybrid working and Flexibility around start and finish time.
We ware open to accommodate a working pattern that suits you within our 37.5hour working week, working from home 2-3 days per week.
- We are the market leader in our field!
We are really good at what we do, we are well respected in our Industry and need great people to work with us to continue to deliver that fantastic work.
What we need to know about you:
- At least 6+ years’ digital performance marketing experience either client or agency side across search (SEO & paid), display, affiliates and social
- You will have strong knowledge, understanding and experience of paid search marketing, with 3+ years hands on experience of managing and optimising paid search accounts and campaigns, either in-house or within an agency
- Experience of managing a digital performance marketing team – either in-house or via outsourced agency team
- Excellent SEO research knowledge regarding keywords, link analysis, and search engine results, new search engine behaviours, in-depth competitor and market analysis etc
- Ideally experience gained from a high-growth, multi-channel B2C and/or B2B retail or ecommerce organization
- Good knowledge of HTML and technical related SEO tasks
- Excellent and up to date understanding of search engine developments and algorithm changes, new search engine behaviours, social media and digital marketing
- Advanced knowledge and hands on experience using Google AdWords (& Editor) and Microsoft Advertising; hands on experience of using Google Analytics and keyword research/planning tools, and experienced Excel user.
- You will have experience of setting, managing and communication appropriate digital performance marketing strategies, dependent upon business priorities
- Commercially focused - understanding how to use data and insights to drive improved returns and optimisation from investment in digital performance marketing channels
- Enjoy and be good at building relationships, articulating your digital performance marketing vision and bringing people with you – helping the rest of the Alexandra business better understand the role and opportunities across digital performance marketing, and the levers to pull to increase performance and optimise spend
- We have a large, open plan office based in Thornbury with plenty of amenities around us. We also have our Head Office at Castle Donington, providing a Midlands Hub should you ever need a base. You can expect to travel between the offices infrequently to attend relevant meetings if required.
- We offer flexible and agile working allowing you to work from home up to 3 days a week on a working pattern that suits your start and finish time.
- We take huge pride in our CSR policy and our impact on the environment with multiple initiatives to minimise the impact on our planet.
- We provide you with all the tools you need to do your job; laptop, 2 screens, headset etc
- We take holidays really seriously and offer 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays to be able to have that time doing whatever you love outside of work.
- We offer subsidised Vitality Health Insurance for you and your loved ones.
- We also support you on a day to day basis with access to an Employee Assistance Programme covering mental health, well-being, financial and legal support.
- We have a vibrant and busy social calendar driven by our desire to raise funds for local and national charities, supporting a number each year
- We also look after your loved ones with a 3x death in service life insurance scheme should the worst happen in your employment with us.
- We offer career progression and actively encourage the internal progression of our employees to new positions.
- We love celebrating long service and are proud to have member of our team celebrate their milestone anniversaries with us.