Digital Merchandising Manager
Posted: November 2021
Salary: Competitive salary
Closing Date: 8th December 2021
Alexandra has been designing and manufacturing garments since 1854 are now the leading provider of modern protective workwear and suiting for just about every sector and business in the UK.
Alexandra has remained true to our core principles - quality, good design and reliable service. The award of The Royal Warrant is testament to our
continued commitment to workwear development, at the very highest level.
Alexandra is on a journey to become a digitally first business across both B2C & B2B and is investing heavily to achieve this - both across the UK and internationally.
In a critical role for the business, we are looking to recruit a Digital Merchandising manager to be responsible for driving the e-commerce range vision and strategy by managing and growing the Alexandra digital platform.
As a part of the Merchandising and Digital leadership team, you will lead the end-to-end planning and execution of the digital merchandising strategy, delivering revenue growth targets whilst working with and leveraging group functions to support digital growth.
On a day to day basis, you role will focused in these key areas:
Digital channel category and product management
- Use data to work with cross-functional stakeholders to guide and influence future focus & commercial opportunities.
- Responsible for product selection, pricing, product life cycle management, channel specific gaps / development requirements, promotional activity, linked sale suggestions and product bundle opportunities.
- Liaising with Demand planning to ensure sufficient stock levels are available to meet demand based on digital uplift forecast.
- Drive improved performance and customer experience through a strong understanding of our customers, our competitors and market insight
- Analyse range performance and develop digital ranging strategy / trading calendar in preparation for seasonal marketing to meet the needs of the market and maximise sales opportunity.
- Launch key product ranges and campaigns throughout the year, working closely with the Digital Product Lead and Digital Marketing Lead to ensure that category pages are optimised to reflect these in an efficient and timely manner.
- Develop and implement new strategies to minimise markdown without compromising cash margin.
Evolve digital strategy for respective category each season.
- Partner with catalogue merchandising teams on relevant digital opportunities and define the depth of the products for digital.
- Identify emerging trends in season to further unlock commercial opportunities and feeding back competitor trading activity.
- Work with Digital Marketing teams on selecting products and links for emails, optimising SEO and destinations for marketing campaigns.
- Use website analytics for feedback on channel / sector performance including sales, availability, conversion, average order/transaction value, then work with the digital optimisation team to improve the customer experience of products online and formulating action plans where needed.
Support the development and growth of our marketplace channels (Amazon/eBay) with the Digital Marketplace Lead, ensuring products are optimised sufficiently to be added to the listings per channel.
- You are a natural collaborator who will sit at the centre of the trading meetings, pulling together actions into an effective plan and working with all Digital and Merchandising functions to define priorities and meet challenging deadlines.
- You will be data driven, confident and experienced in creating and requesting reports from Digital analysis Leads, and using the data to track success.
- Commercially-minded and customer-focused, you will have a successful track record in achieving targets and objectives, can stay ahead of competitors and deliver performance.
- You will bring specific experience in financial planning, digital metric forecasting, and building digital business cases.
- You are service and customer experience minded. Responsible for Digital channel new product solutions and can drive the on-going product and performance investment in a proposition that meets the evolving needs of buyers and users of uniform in the most efficient and cost effective way possible.
- Organised and proactive; with previous digital trading / merchandising experience, you are skilled at interpreting data, responding to it and finding opportunities to improve sales.
How we measure up?
As part of our continuing drive to put the customer at the heart of everything we do and to build a better working environment for our teams, within our modern, open plan
offices, we have created collaborative working spaces and informal meeting zones.
With a continually evolving Corporate Responsibility policy and links to local and national charities, we take a positive approach to supporting those around us through a
programme of events organised by our very active social committee.
Your introduction to Alexandra starts with a role-specific induction programme following continual support from our in-house learning and development function so that you can make full use of our training courses, L&D library and interactive e-learning platform.
We have been incredibly proud to support the NHS and all our customers over the COVID-19 pandemic, rapidly changing our business to support and provide uniforms and PPE
to our customers whilst keeping our employees safe. We have embraced new ways of working and continued to work effectively providing our customers with the very best level of service at such a difficult time for everyone involved.
Benefits to Suit You
As part of our team, we hope you will discover that the pursuit of excellence is a rewarding aspect of your career at Alexandra. We recognise your individual
contribution and offer you the following benefits:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday entitlement that increases with length of service plus 8 bank holidays.
- Agile and Hybrid working policy allowing you to work from home 3 days per week and you are able to flex your working schedule around our core hours.
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Healthcare scheme options
- Life assurance
- Long service award scheme
- Individual subscription to a relevant professional organisations
- Cycle to work scheme
- Onsite free car parking