Costings and Business Case Executive
Posted: December 2018
Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: Castle Donington
Closing Date: 31st December 2018
Costing & Business Case Executive
To attend project meetings, negotiate with suppliers, liaise with Purchasing, Technical and Commercial teams to produce accurate Business Case costs in a timely manner. Identify the optimum supply routes, giving due consideration to capacities, lead-times and any technical particulars and maintain relevant business systems.
• Compilation of style level garment costs and conduct comparisons.
• Attending relevant project meetings and updating the group on progress.
• Contact manufacturers and stockists to obtain costs, and enter into price negotiations as required.
• Validation of any supply base capacity and lead-time considerations.
• Developing and maintaining spreadsheets, formulas and database applications, to present costs in relevant formats.
• Maintenance of the central supplier cost database.
• Generation of the initial critical path, to manage delivery of fabric developments, garment samples and costs to the required timeline.
• Presentation of alternative costing scenarios, given the requirements of the project brief.
Qualifications, skills and abilities:
• A high level of Textile based Product/Technical knowledge.
• Experience in detailed Supplier negotiations.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience in communicating effectively with an international supplier base particularly in the Far East
• Confidence and ability to obtain appropriate information in a timely manner.
• A proven record in providing service excellence to internal customers.
• Problem-solving skills and decision-making ability
• Experience in costing product and building costs to a landed price including duty regimes.
• A high competence of Microsoft Excel.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Knowledge of the Corporate Wear Industry
• An understanding of computer technology within the industry including but not limited to PLM/PDM.
• Graduate calibre