Posted: April 2019
Salary: competitive salary
Closing Date: 10th May 2019
Alexandra is the market leading provider of work wear in the UK with a 160 year history and Royal Warrant. The business is both enjoying and focused on further strong growth in both domestic and international markets. At Alexandra you will be part of Tailored Brands Corporate Workwear Division with our sister brands, Dimensions, Yaffy and Twin Hill.
We have created a new role within the Product and Design department for a Category Manager. This role will sit within the wider Marketing team who have a fresh and customer centric approach.
The role will be responsible for the managing the catalogue range for Alexandra being accountable for revenues, margins and other KPI’s linked to both product and marketing campaigns. You will support the Product & Design Manager with managing and promoting the full range as well as identifying product gaps to maximise our customer’s potential.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Devise long term development strategies to develop full product range in line with our core sectors through market and customer knowledge alongside the sales team
- Develop strong exit strategies for products/categories
- Understand customer needs and the full market environment by analysing the market and competitors
- Develop ongoing relationships with group purchasing and external vendors to achieve better pricing and range extensions
- Work alongside the purchasing team to deliver accurate availability
- Communicate effectively across all departments and levels within the business
- Create clear commercially focused promotional activity and campaigns alongside the marketing plan to increase sales and maximise profitability. Working closely with the Campaigns Team.
- Define accurate product or range briefs including commercial requirements, from which Design colleagues can create concepts and product designs.
- Prepare business cases for product and ranges, which require pricing for the sales & buying teams.
- Undertake regular market and trend research, at both retail and trade fairs, reporting as appropriate the impact of direction on the corporate-wear market to management.
- Attend and contribute fully at customer meetings and exhibitions
- Set up SKU’s and any related data activities in the relation to lifecycle management.
- Support the day to day activities of the Company Brand ensuring that brand guidelines are adhered to and the strategy followed.
- Contribute to the production of exhibition stands and related marketing collateral and gather feedback post event.
- Assist in the organisation of product training and switch sell information for sales and contact centre staff.
- Support Product & Design Manager with projects where required
You will have proven experience as a Category Manager or similar role. You will have a solid knowledge of category management, marketing and sales principles.
You will be commercially aware and have a solid understanding of data analysis and forecasting. You will be able to gather information and write summaries efficiently.
You will have good working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint and have the communication skills to be able to deliver the presentations you prepare.
Your communication skills will be excellent and you will enjoy working with people. You will be a strong team player and also have the ability to manage staff if needed.
Alexandra is a rapidly changing business which remained very dynamic and agile to respond to customer and market trends
quickly – we therefore need individuals who can adapt positively to changing circumstances.
You will be educated to degree level or equivalent and be based in the local ares and be able to travel to our Thornbury
Alexandra offer a great place to work within part of a larger group who dominate the corporate wear market. In addition to providing a competitive salary, we offer 25 days holiday and a contributory pension. We offer career progression and development as well as caring about your well-being through a variety of different method to best support you.