Cash Allocation Clerk
Posted: July 2019
Location: Castle Donington
Salary: Competitive salary
Closing Date: 18th July 2019
MWUK are looking for a Cash Allocation Clerk to join us on a permanent basis to start immediately; joining our busy and vibrant Finance Team, you will work as part of a smaller team within the department taking responsibility for all the cash allocations for our 4 businesses within the group.
Working in a high volume fast paced environment, you will post cash and allocate it quickly and efficiently with accuracy. You will also investigating anomalies and deal with customer and client queries.
This is a lovely role where you have accountability and control over your work but within a wider team for support and assistant.
On a daily basis you work will include:
It would be preferred if you were AAT qualified or currently working towards your AAT to give you a wider understanding of finance. Previous experience in a cash allocation or sales ledger role would be ideal but we would be very happy to hear from anyone used to working in a more all-round, Accounts Assistant capacity who fancies doing a more specialised, focussed role.
- Allocation of customer payments, ensuring accurate matching to the customer accounts
- Liaise with the credit control teams on any issues with cash allocation
- Resolution of customer payment queries
- Chase Remittances for unallocated payments
- Arranging customer refunds ensuring that the appropriate authorisation has been applied to the customer request in accordance with the company matrix.
- Journals for miss posting of cash across ledgers and currency transfers
- Issue daily allocation reports and weekly unallocated cash sheets.
You will be joining a genuine team who all support and look out for one another; it is a busy department and we cannot promise that the day will not fly by in a flash but there is definitely no twiddling thumbs in our team!!
If you have excellent attention to detail, a inquisitive mind and a passion for a zero balance, this is a wonderful role for you.