Posted: May 2019
Location: Long Eaton
Salary: competitive salary
Closing Date: 17th May 2019
Based at our Logistics Centre in Long Eaton we are looking to recruit a Buyer on a permanent basis.
Summary of Role/Job Purpose:
To provide procurement support for both the Managed and Catalogue Business’s, garments and accessories. Responsible for providing professional day-to-day operational procurement, support and advice on all such matters relevant to allocated customers to managers and staff
- Preparation of costing from Tender and Design Sample Request Documents, Maintaining costing sheets.
- Negotiating suppliers prices & lead times and cost savings.
- Book forward production and raise Purchase Orders working from a forecast, monitor progression for goods being booked into stock, including liaising with suppliers, logistics and Goods Inwards personnel to ensure key dates are met.
- Maintaining system Bill Of Materials, preferred supplier and product notes.
- Monthly fabric stock reconciliation.
- Sourcing suppliers and products as required.
- Preparing weekly and monthly key performance reports including purchase order status updates, non conformance and priority booking in requirements.
- Attending critical path and Account Manager update meetings, and performing any necessary actions that may arise.
- Maintaining Letter of Credit documents and liaising with Accounts to ensure appropriate actions are taken. Checking & logging invoices where payment is required pre-shipment and invoices in query.
- Raising garment conversions, customisations & alterations where appropriate.
- Ensure resolution of daily queries from Customer Services, Account Managers and Business Development Managers. Ensure resolution of discrepancies with Goods
- Inward. Liaise with Quality Control & Technical teams to ensure resolution of discrepancies due to rejected garments.
- Ordering & logging samples.
- Keep up to date with new IT Purchasing system developments and undertake any necessary training.
Qualifications, skills and abilities:
It would be ideal if you were coming from an existing buying role, with experience of preparing tenders, costings and businesses cases. However we would consider individuals who are looking to make to a move into a buying role with relevant transferable skills.
You will be commercially aware and have excellent communication skills to be able to speak with suppliers to secure the best prices without compromising quality. You will be a confident communicator and have excellent written skills too. Accuracy and attention to detail will be essential when preparing tender documents.
You will also have excellent IT Skills and be a confident IT user of all Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
You need to be well organised and able to manage your own time to achieve the deadlines set. This is a busy role and one which is always different, this would suit someone who enjoys being in a varied and challenging role.
You must hold a UK Driving license and have access to your own car as there will be some travel within this role if needed although not on a regular basis.
You will be a pro-active, self-motivated and enthusiastic individual who has a sense of fun about all they do; you will be working in a fun and friendly team as well as for a business who has a great social and dynamic feel to it!!