Business Analyst - Warehouse & Logistics
Posted: January 2021
Location: Castle Donington & Long Eaton
Salary: Competitive salary
Closing Date: 21st January 2021
Mi Hub trades as Dimensions, Alexandra and Yaffy and makes up the UK’s largest supplier of corporate clothing solutions for all business sectors and industries whether from our renowned off-the-shelf catalogue range, made-to-order products or a fully bespoke service.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do and we look for people who are approachable, friendly and like to have fun, as we nurture this within our environment.
As such we look for people who are passionate about what they do and, providing they are enthusiastic, a team player, willing to learn and like to have fun, they’ll fit right in!
In today’s complex business environment, an organization’s adaptability, agility, and ability to manage constant change through innovation and new ways of working are essential.
Our business is no exception and to maintain our leading position in the corporate market, we have embarked on a number of large business transformation projects which rely upon technology as a catalyst to deliver efficient internal business processes and improved access to information which will ultimately benefit our customers.
A Tailor-Made opportunity
Alongside our offices in Castle Donington and Thornbury, we have a Logistics Centre based in Long Eaton. From here we receive and dispatch around 400,000 items per week across 7 sites, covering over 630,000 sq ft.
As part of a company wide Transformation project, we are seeking an experienced Business Analyst to join our IT to specifically business partner the Logistics Centre.
Working closely with the Managers based at the Logistics Centre, you will provide a link between the specific challenges we have within the Logistics Centre and the more central IT projects we are rolling out across the wider business. This is the first time we will have a dedicated IT/Logistics Business Partner so while you are coming into an established team, this is a brand new version of this role.
Your role will include:
· Working closely with business stakeholders to identify and clearly define the business problem.
· You will be able to express the context of the change within the business strategy and existing change programmes.
· Elicit, validate and consolidate the high level business requirements, including any significant business rules that will influence the business solution design.
· Analyse business processes; identify alternative solutions, assess feasibility and recommend new approaches
· Process improvements and defining target operation models.
· Analyse, validate and communicate the requirements using appropriate documentation and modelling techniques. Collect and validate the non-functional requirements.
· Project manage the piece of work with both internal and external resources.
· Actively support the business when undertaking User Acceptance Testing.
· Write support documentation and quick reference guides
· Provide end user training when required.
· You will be a Business Analyst with specific experience of working in a warehouse environment.
· Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships, influence and challenge.
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Experience of gathering and documenting high quality business requirements. This includes interacting with business stakeholders through workshops, interviews, meetings and written communication.
· Experience in project management
· Logical and organised with the ability to prioritise
· Customer focused
· Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team and independently, managing own workload effectively.
· Experience with Dynamics 365 Operations and Finance, or equivalent. Experience of working in a transformation office would also be a bonus.
· Good influencing and decision making skills, showing leadership when it comes to driving out the definition of a problem.
· Understanding of User Acceptance Testing principles.
How we measure up?
As part of our continuing drive to put the customer at the heart of everything we do and to build a better working environment for our teams, within our modern, open plan offices, we have created collaborative working spaces and informal meeting zones.
With a continually evolving Corporate Responsibility policy and links to local and national charities, we take a positive approach to supporting those around us through a programme of events organised by our very active social committee.
Your introduction to us starts with a role-specific induction programme following continual support from our in-house learning and development function so that you can make full use of our training courses, L&D library and interactive e-learning platform.
We have been incredibly proud to support the NHS and all our customers over the COVID-19 pandemic, rapidly changing our business to support and provide uniforms and PPE to our customers whilst keeping our employees safe. We have embraced new ways of working and continued to work effectively providing our customers with the very best level of service at such a difficult time for everyone involved.
Benefits to Suit You
As part of our team, we hope you will discover that the pursuit of excellence is a rewarding aspect of your career with us. We recognise your individual contribution and offer you the following benefits:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday entitlement
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Agile Working Policy
- Employee assistance programme
- Healthcare scheme options
- Life assurance
- Long service award scheme
- Onsite free car parking
- Onsite breakout space, free tea and coffee and small kitchen areas on each floor.