Posted: January 2019
Location: Castle Donington
Salary: competitive salary
Closing Date: 1st February 2019
In today’s complex business environment, an organization’s adaptability, agility, and ability to manage constant change through innovation and new ways of working are essential.
Our business is no exception and to maintain our leading position in the corporate market, we have embarked on a number of large business transformation projects which rely upon technology as a catalyst to deliver efficient internal business processes and improved access to information which will ultimately benefit our customers.
We are seeking an experienced Business Analyst to join our IT Business Systems team.
The successful candidate will have a pivotal part to play in delivering a number of these transformation projects, smaller system enhancement requests
and supporting development of business wide processes.
- Work with business stakeholders to identify and clearly define the business problem. Be able to express the context of the change within the business strategy and existing change programmes.
- Elicit, validate and consolidate the high level business requirements, including any significant business rules that will influence the business solution design.
- Analyse business processes; identify alternative solutions, assess feasibility and recommend new approaches
- Analyse, validate and communicate the requirements using appropriate documentation and modelling techniques. Collect and validate the non-functional requirements.
- Project manage the piece of work with both internal and external resources.
- Actively support the business when undertaking User Acceptance Testing.
- Write support documentation and quick reference guides
- Provide end user training when required.
Skills, abilities and experience:
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience of gathering and documenting high quality business requirements. This includes interacting with business stakeholders through workshops, interviews, meetings and written communication.
- Sound and proven business analysis skill set
- Experience in project management
- Good interpersonal skills
- Logical and organised with the ability to prioritise
- Customer focused
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team and independently, managing own workload effectively.
- 5 years plus proven business analysis expertise.
- Experience with Dynamics 365 Operations and Finance, or equivalent.
- Good influencing and decision making skills, showing leadership when it comes to driving out the definition of a problem.
- Understanding of User Acceptance Testing principles.
- Valid driving licence
- Experience of working as a Business Analyst in an eCommerce and/or retail environment.
- Knowledge of the following applications: OA, OL, OWMS.
- Awareness of ITIL principles