Posted: September 2019
Salary: Competitive salary
Closing Date: 26th September 2019
Alexandra is the market-leading provider of work wear in the UK with a 165 year history. In addition the business has operations located in the Netherlands and Ireland.
Reviving its Heritage and Core brand proposition has seen strong year on year growth in the last 7 years. The business is focused on delivering further future growth in the UK and across International markets by being the most trusted expert of uniform provision and being renowned for Customer Service.
For wearers, uniform represents pride in their role and their company, and for buyers, making the experience easy delivers advocacy.
By joining Alexandra, the Bid Manager will bring experience, knowledge and values consistent with the Alexandra brand into the process of sourcing and galvanising key stakeholders to deliver world-class responses to Tenders to support the growth of our Private and Public Customer bases in support of our Sales teams.
Reporting into the Head of Customer Experience, the Bid Manager will be responsible for Alexandra’s Tender Process from sourcing and acquisition of Tenders through to final bid submission. The Bid Manager will notify key stakeholders of new Tenders, co-ordinate delivery of content from key stakeholders and manage the
completion of bid submissions on time.
A key responsibility for the Bid manager will be reporting on successful and unsuccessful bids to the business and take responsibility for co-ordinate lessons learned from unsuccessful bids and apply those learnings to the continuous improvement of the bid process. They will also be accountable for developing and maintaining the Tender content library.
The Bid Manager will be the primary point of contact for the rest of the business with respect to Tenders/Bids and will guide, advise and direct stakeholders in both Private and Public teams to deliver the best responses that we can.
Your role will include:
- Source new Bids
- Manage Bib submission process
- Produce and Manage Tender Information
Experience and Background
- You will come from a Bids and Tender background and be able to support the continual improvement and development of our Tender process.
- Excellent Planning and Organisational skills to drive the delivery and completion of linked tasks and activities across the business within specific timeframes.
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication skills at all levels to gain input, action and support from departments across the business
- Excellent Interpersonal skills with the proven ability to establish strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Strong Influencing skills to ensure delivery from others against tight timeframes.
- Resilient under pressure and able to effectively work to deadlines
Alexandra provide a fantastic place to work; not only in terms of joining a market leading business which is well respected and admired but also that we provide a friendly, fun and team spirited office. We have lovely open plan office with plenty of free parking available. We also offer a competitive salary, pension, 25 days holiday.