Apprentice Bid Administrator
Posted: April 2021
Hours: 37.5 including study time
Closing Date: 13th May 2021
Alexandra has been designing and manufacturing garments since 1854 are now the leading provider of modern protective workwear and suiting for just about every sector and business in the UK.
Alexandra has remained true to our core principles - quality, good design and reliable service. The award of The Royal Warrant is testament to our continued commitment to workwear development, at the very highest level.
At Alexandra, we place the customer at the heart of everything we do and look for passion and enthusiasm be a brand ambassador for our business.
As a dynamic, ambitious business we have every function that you’d expect within our offices based across the UK, so if you’re looking to develop your career in a fast-moving company and to contribute to the success of our business, read on.
A Tailor-Made Opportunity
We are looking for an Apprentice Bid & Tenders Administrator to join our Bid & Tender team based at our Thornbury office.
As we continue to grow financially and expand our team to support that business growth, we are really excited to be able to add an Apprentice into our team who can develop and grow into a Bid & Tender Administrator, starting a wonderful career path.
We take your development seriously, and we want you to get the best from your apprenticeship at Alexandra. This is why we will integrate you into our business to generate a well-rounded understanding of practices, customers, operational needs and the importance of service.
Upon commencing your apprenticeship you’ll be allocated a Buddy. This Buddy will provide guidance and assistance to you throughout your apprenticeship. This will be crucial when you are working towards assessments and commencing placement project work.
Earn money and learn – we know that you’ve heard it all before. This opportunity will immerse you into the working world, providing the experience employers require to be successful whilst also earning a wage and gaining qualifications.
This is a role which requires high levels of accuracy and attention to detail to ensure we submit the highest quality Tenders to the most appropriate Business for tenders ranging in value from £20k to £6bn.
You will to be systematic and methodical in your approach to work, adhering to strict process requirements, to manage multiple bids to ensure that tight deadlines are adhered to.
On a day to day basis, your role will be responsible for:
- Drawing together and compiling information in order for your Manager to make initial Bid or No Bid decisions.
- Liaising with key stakeholders including Account Managers to obtain information for tenders, using the pricing sheets to automatically generate margins.
- Complete answers to standard tender questions from our Tenders library
- Entering information into customer portals to a high degree of accuracy.
- Preparing and sending samples to support tenders, ensuring that we adhere to all the specifications made by the customer.
It is imperative you live close to the Thornbury offices as you will need to be able to access the office on a regular basis to prepare and send out the samples to the customers; while we can offer flexibility in this role to work from home, you need to be within a commutable distance of Thornbury to be able to travel in regularly and/or at short notice.
- GSCE Maths & English grade A*- C or minimum of level 4.
- Exceptional organisational skills with the ability to work to deadlines.
- High levels of attention to detail with the ability to input data with high levels of accuracy
- Excellent team working skills with the ability to work collaboratively and co-operatively with colleagues.
- High levels of written English with the ability to re-write library answers to fit the specifics of a tender answer.
- The ability to work on own initiative.
- Strong IT skills including good Microsoft Office skills in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
There’s no doubt about it, apprenticeships are extremely rewarding, but hard work. You need to be prepared to work hard and reap the benefits of this fantastic opportunity.
How we measure up?
As part of our continuing drive to put the customer at the heart of everything we do and to build a better working environment for our teams, within our modern, open plan offices, we have created collaborative working spaces and informal meeting zones.
With a continually evolving Corporate Responsibility policy and links to local and national charities, we take a positive approach to supporting those around us through a programme of events organised by our very active social committee.
Your introduction to Alexandra starts with a role-specific induction programme following continual support from our in-house learning and development function so that you can make full use of our training courses, L&D library and interactive e-learning platform.
Benefits to Suit You
As part of our team, we hope you will discover that the pursuit of excellence is a rewarding aspect of your career at Alexandra. We recognise your individual contribution and offer you the following benefits:
- An enhanced Apprenticeship wage of £17,330 per annum
- 25 days holiday entitlement that increases with length of service
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Agile Working Policy
- Employee assistance programme
- Healthcare scheme options
- Life assurance
- Long service award scheme
- Individual subscription to a relevant professional organisations
- Cycle to work scheme
- Onsite free car parking
- Onsite breakout space, free tea and coffee and kitchen areas in a large open plan