Accounts Payable Supervisor
Posted: February 2019
Location: Castle Donington
Salary: competitive salary
Closing Date: 14th March 2019
We are looking for an experience, passionate and enthusiastic Accounts Payable Supervisor to join our finance team based here in Castle Donington.
Working with the existing team, you will take full day to day responsibility for your team and their work to ensure the team remains a high performing and well respected department within the business. As we embark on a huge ERP implementation, this will also present new challenges as we work through the impact and opportunities this implementation will have on the AP department.
- Lead the Accounts Payable team to ensure all work required is completed on time and accurately.
- Co-ordinate activities within the Accounts Payable team to ensure timely and accurate reporting of monthly and quarterly financial results.
- Organise the allocation of workload within the Purchase Ledger team, to ensure that work is allocated fairly, clearly understood as to what is required to be achieved with timescales (where applicable) and ensures that each member of the team maintains a broad range of
- Create a program of continuous improvement
- Ensure all invoices are registered on receipt and ensure that all invoices have the appropriate ledger code.
- Check invoiced expenditure has been incurred in accordance with the documented authorisation process and challenge deviations from protocol.
- Oversee the reconciliation of all supplier statements, and that appropriate actions are taken to ensure the ledger represents a true and fair position in relation to each ledger.
- Manage the accurate payment of suppliers for goods and services, in line with the agreed terms.
- Highlight new or changing risks within our supplier base.
- Ensure all records and relevant records are archived in line with agreed standards.
- Support and implement actions to optimise working capital as directed by the Finance Manager and Head of Transactions.
- Support internal and external audit teams by ensuring that relevant documentation is prepared in advance and co-ordinate prompt responses to any issues raised.
- Manage customer deductions, liaising with Credit Control and treasury.
- Lead team of direct reports.
- The preparation of period-end AP reports.
- Provide necessary inputs from AP into cash flow and working capital modelling.
- Own the team metrics, constantly seeking opportunities for improvement.
- Any other task as may be deemed necessary from time to time by management.
Qualifications, skills and abilities:
- Previous experience managing an Accounts Payable team
- Ability to create a positive and effective working environment
- A self-starter with the ability to use own initiative to resolve problems
- Effective relationships management skills
- Commitment to getting the job done in a pro-active enthusiastic manner
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- The ability to maintain flexibility and a positive attitude in a demanding environment
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages with exceptional Excel skills.
It would be a huge advantage if you have experience of working on an AP ERP Implementation.
Dimensions are the UK’s leading supplier of bespoke corporate clothing, offering a stable organisation which is steeped in knowledge and expertise for delivering
successful clothing programme for people at work.
You may not have heard of us but you have seen our work. As part of the MWUK Group, we clothe over 13% of the UK working population, which makes us number one in our
market. Trading as Dimensions, we work with many of the UK’s largest organisations to design and deliver their uniforms.
As an employer, Dimensions offer a fantastic place to work; in addition to great facilities at our Castle Donington offices, we have free parking available on site, a full range of benefits available for you to access including pension and we offer a competitive salary.