Accounts Payable Supervisor
Posted: February 2019
Location: Castle Donington
Salary: competitive salary
Closing Date: 12th February 2019
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SUPERVISOR
Permanent | 40 hours per week | Based in Castle Donington
To efficiently manage the prompt processing of Accounts Payable invoices. To develop and sustain a culture of high performance and continuous improvement within the Accounts Payable team.
The role holders is committed to developing a high performance team and at the same time acts as a role model in terms of demonstrating and living MWUK’s core values and behaviours.
- Lead the Accounts Payable team to ensure all work required is completed on time and accurately.
- Co-ordinate activities within the Accounts Payable team to ensure timely and accurate reporting of monthly and quarterly financial results.
- Organise the allocation of workload within the Purchase Ledger team, to ensure that work is allocated fairly, clearly understood as to what is required to be achieved with timescales (where applicable) and ensures that each member of the team maintains a broad range of knowledge.
- Create a program of continuous improvement
- Ensure all invoices are registered on receipt and ensure that all invoices have the appropriate ledger code.
- Check invoiced expenditure has been incurred in accordance with the documented authorisation process and challenge deviations from protocol.
- Oversee the reconciliation of all supplier statements, and that appropriate actions are taken to ensure the ledger represents a true and fair position in relation to each ledger.
- Manage the accurate payment of suppliers for goods and services, in line with the agreed terms.
- Highlight new or changing risks within our supplier base.
- Ensure all records and relevant records are archived in line with agreed standards.
- Support and implement actions to optimise working capital as directed by the Finance Manager and Head of Transactions.
- Support internal and external audit teams by ensuring that relevant documentation is prepared in advance and co-ordinate prompt responses to any issues raised.
- Manage customer deductions, liaising with Credit Control and treasury.
- Lead team of direct reports.
- The preparation of period-end AP reports.
- Provide necessary inputs from AP into cash flow and working capital modelling.
- Own the team metrics, constantly seeking opportunities for improvement.
- Any other task as may be deemed necessary from time to time by management.
Qualifications, skills and abilities
- Good Team work
- A self-starter with the ability to use own initiative to resolve problems
- Effective relationships management skills
- Commitment to getting the job done in a pro-active enthusiastic manner
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- The ability to maintain flexibility and a positive attitude in a demanding environment
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages with exceptional Excel skills
- Experience of implementing a new AP ERP System